Kaplan teacher audition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for Kaplan DAT instructor position. I noticed that Kaplan requires the applicants to submit a recording of themselves teaching a sample problem. They give you the same sample problem for MCAT and DAT instructors so the process is exactly same for both exam instructors. For anyone who taught MCAT through Kaplan, does anyone have any tips for the first audition? Should I record myself teaching the sample problem on a white board?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For the audition, I'd say just make sure you practice thoroughly and that your timing is good. Don't read off of a script. Also, remember that when you're teaching for Kaplan, you're not only teaching the science content, but also good test-taking strategies. Show through your audition that you understand this. Recording yourself may be helpful, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I found it more helpful to practice in front of friends. You can use a whiteboard if you want, but it's not at all required.

Relax, and be confident; you got this. Good luck!

Last edited: