Kaplan Test Me More Feature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takingmcatverysoon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I am about a month away from my exam and I've been using the Kaplan Test me More feature a lot to try to get some ideas down. As far as you guys know, is this advisable?

I only get about 50% on each of these (is that kind of average?), so it's kind of discouraging. Are these useful to take at all/ is my score reflective of how I'm doing / is there a better way to study individual topics?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I need more details. What do you mean "50% on each of these"? 50% of what? total MCAT score in full-length practice?

I need more details. What do you mean "50% on each of these"? 50% of what? total MCAT score in full-length practice?

Hi! No, I mean 50% on the Test Me More sections, which are about 3-4 of the hardest passages that Kaplan has on each chapter, such as "Acid Base" or "Fluids". I tend to get about 80% right so far per section on my ful lengths

Hi! No, I mean 50% on the Test Me More sections, which are about 3-4 of the hardest passages that Kaplan has on each chapter, such as "Acid Base" or "Fluids". I tend to get about 80% right so far per section on my ful lengths

Ok, then you are absolutely fine. Don't worry about them.
Review the concepts and do them again; everything will hopefully be better.
Even if you didn't learn much from these review tests, you are still fine.

These review tests are used to stress you out, and some of them are not even similar to those in real MCAT.
I feel Kaplan's CPs excessively deviate from real MCAT's CPs, as they generally include many calculations that are useless for MCAT.
Kaplan's BBs seem good reflection, although real BBs sometimes won't actually go into details very much.
I'm bad on CARS so my comment might be wrong, but I think that Kaplan's CARS practices are easier than the real ones. After all, I could understand the articles on Kaplan but not on real MCAT.
I'm not going to comment much on PS section.

Overall, no need to take them too seriously, but hopefully you get a sense how MCAT style testing look like.
BTW, be sure to use AAMC section banks, which are truly reflections to real MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, then you are absolutely fine. Don't worry about them.
Review the concepts and do them again; everything will hopefully be better.
Even if you didn't learn much from these review tests, you are still fine.

These review tests are used to stress you out, and some of them are not even similar to those in real MCAT.
I feel Kaplan's CPs excessively deviate from real MCAT's CPs, as they generally include many calculations that are useless for MCAT.
Kaplan's BBs seem good reflection, although real BBs sometimes won't actually go into details very much.
I'm bad on CARS so my comment might be wrong, but I think that Kaplan's CARS practices are easier than the real ones. After all, I could understand the articles on Kaplan but not on real MCAT.
I'm not going to comment much on PS section.

Overall, no need to take them too seriously, but hopefully you get a sense how MCAT style testing look like.
BTW, be sure to use AAMC section banks, which are truly reflections to real MCAT.
Thank you so much!! That makes me feel much better! What do you mean like BB?