Kaplan Tests 6-11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kermie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone studying for the August test taken any of the Kaplan 6-11 tests? I was wondering if Kaplan fixed the scaling on those tests. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I did horrible on Kaplan 6-9. I scored 30-35 on 1-5, and 20-25 on 6-9. I took 6-9 before 1-5, but I know I didn't really improve that much. They were just harder, and scaled harder.

Thanks Doctor Octopus for getting back to me. I just took Kaplan #6 and I thought the physical sciences section was very difficult. I have already taken Kaplan 1-5 (I studied for the MCAT once before) and I didn't want to keep re-taking the same tests. I guess I can take 6-11 for the practice and use AAMC tests for diagnostic purposes.

they are utterly worthless not only with regards to scaling - but as to their reflection of the real test. too hard/too detailed - just wasted energy. don't take them to close to the real thing - they can shoot your confidence down, but don't worry about it. i got 14 points higher on the real thing than on kaplan tyest #7 (but my real score was on par with other tests aamc iv-vi).

Members don't see this ad :)
Jot or Doctor Octopus, do you have the scaling for test #6? I wanted to know if Kaplan fixed the scaling problem. I asked the manager, but they do not seem to know anything. I got a 10V, 9P, 10B, which is about what I am getting on AAMC tests.

Jot, I agree with you that they are too detailed. The calculations seem to take forever (at least for me). Can't decide if I should keep taking them.

Originally posted by Kermie
The calculations seem to take forever (at least for me). Can't decide if I should keep taking them.

This is crunch time, so if you have any doubts, don't take them. There are too many good AAMC exams out there to waste time with exams that will destroy your confidence and not give a realistic perspective of the MCAT.

Are the verbal sections and BS on #6-11 pretty much on par with the real thing? i was thinking of just skipping the physical science sections since those seem to take forever and don't resemble the AAMC stuff at all

agreed with doc octopus.........however, they aren't harder in a way that will benefit you..........so dont' take them anymore, you've got less than 2 weeks......finish your aamc's

nero