1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan Tests 6-11

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Kermie, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Kermie

Kermie Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone studying for the August test taken any of the Kaplan 6-11 tests? I was wondering if Kaplan fixed the scaling on those tests. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I did horrible on Kaplan 6-9. I scored 30-35 on 1-5, and 20-25 on 6-9. I took 6-9 before 1-5, but I know I didn't really improve that much. They were just harder, and scaled harder.

4. Kermie

Kermie Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Doctor Octopus for getting back to me. I just took Kaplan #6 and I thought the physical sciences section was very difficult. I have already taken Kaplan 1-5 (I studied for the MCAT once before) and I didn't want to keep re-taking the same tests. I guess I can take 6-11 for the practice and use AAMC tests for diagnostic purposes.

5. jot

jot

they are utterly worthless not only with regards to scaling - but as to their reflection of the real test. too hard/too detailed - just wasted energy. don't take them to close to the real thing - they can shoot your confidence down, but don't worry about it. i got 14 points higher on the real thing than on kaplan tyest #7 (but my real score was on par with other tests aamc iv-vi).

6. Kermie

Kermie Member
    7+ Year Member

Jot or Doctor Octopus, do you have the scaling for test #6? I wanted to know if Kaplan fixed the scaling problem. I asked the manager, but they do not seem to know anything. I got a 10V, 9P, 10B, which is about what I am getting on AAMC tests.

Jot, I agree with you that they are too detailed. The calculations seem to take forever (at least for me). Can't decide if I should keep taking them.

7. Mudd

Mudd Charlatan & Trouble Maker
    7+ Year Member

This is crunch time, so if you have any doubts, don't take them. There are too many good AAMC exams out there to waste time with exams that will destroy your confidence and not give a realistic perspective of the MCAT.

8. rCubed

rCubed taiko master
    10+ Year Member

Are the verbal sections and BS on #6-11 pretty much on par with the real thing? i was thinking of just skipping the physical science sections since those seem to take forever and don't resemble the AAMC stuff at all

9. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think even the verbal sections are harder.

10. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

agreed with doc octopus.........however, they aren't harder in a way that will benefit you..........so dont' take them anymore, you've got less than 2 weeks......finish your aamc's

nero

11. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree with the other posters... Kaplan tests 6-11 are TERRIBLE and you shouldn't waste your time on them. Concentrate on the AAMC tests now, and best of luck!!