1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

KAPLAN VERBAL or EK VERBAL

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by nshah17, Aug 11, 2011.

1. nshah17

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Heyy Guys,
    I am taking my MCAT on September 1st and I find Verbal of KAPLAN very confusing but I find EK VERBAL much easier than KAPLAN.
    Will the passages on Real MCAT will be similar to EK or Kaplan?
    Should i stick with KAPLAN or EK for verbal?
    Thanks You Guys I really need help

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jessiemsy

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you have both books I would do a few passages from both, it can't hurt right? But even better, take the AAMC tests on their website, that will be the most realistic of all.

4. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  5. ozzi22

ozzi22 it's over 9000
    5+ Year Member

aren't you suppose to move this to the Mcat forum?

6. aSagacious

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't tell you how to spam do I? ;) (But yeah I must consult the prophets first).

7. ozzi22

ozzi22 it's over 9000
    5+ Year Member

Fair enough :laugh:

8. aSagacious

Resident [Any Field]
    Moving to 'MCAT Discussions' forum

9. salim271

salim271 Patience is tough. :/
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Recognize that neither strategy will completely encompass the beast that is MCAT VR. That being said, EK is much closer. Any mapping you do should be in your head, but at the same time prepare to be looking at the passage many more times than EK says you're allowed to (EK says to never look back except as a last resort.) AAMC practices and my real MCAT both needed a lot of quick rechecking and rereading of facts, mostly because of excessive quotations in the passages, with differing opinions in one passage and questions reflecting that, the main idea strategy doest hold well.

Imo EK strategy is the place to start for everyone, but eventually i think you'll do well to move on and find your own style using EK's as a base.

10. nshah17

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks a lot..was really halpful..I found KAPLAN very complex..The answers were not consistent with the choices..Made me very confused and my confidence deterred every time..

11. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    EK 101 then AAMC FLs. Since the materials are limited, maximize their utility by thoroughly analyzing each test after you take it.