KAPLAN VERBAL or EK VERBAL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nshah17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy Guys,
I am taking my MCAT on September 1st and I find Verbal of KAPLAN very confusing but I find EK VERBAL much easier than KAPLAN.
Will the passages on Real MCAT will be similar to EK or Kaplan?
Should i stick with KAPLAN or EK for verbal?
Thanks You Guys I really need help

Members don't see this ad.

Heyy Guys,
I am taking my MCAT on September 1st and I find Verbal of KAPLAN very confusing but I find EK VERBAL much easier than KAPLAN.

If you have both books I would do a few passages from both, it can't hurt right? But even better, take the AAMC tests on their website, that will be the most realistic of all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heyy Guys,

Recognize that neither strategy will completely encompass the beast that is MCAT VR. That being said, EK is much closer. Any mapping you do should be in your head, but at the same time prepare to be looking at the passage many more times than EK says you're allowed to (EK says to never look back except as a last resort.) AAMC practices and my real MCAT both needed a lot of quick rechecking and rereading of facts, mostly because of excessive quotations in the passages, with differing opinions in one passage and questions reflecting that, the main idea strategy doest hold well.

Imo EK strategy is the place to start for everyone, but eventually i think you'll do well to move on and find your own style using EK's as a base.

Thanks a lot..was really halpful..I found KAPLAN very complex..The answers were not consistent with the choices..Made me very confused and my confidence deterred every time..

EK 101 then AAMC FLs. Since the materials are limited, maximize their utility by thoroughly analyzing each test after you take it.