Kaplan Verbal Reasoning Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScOrPiO2983

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From experience, how accurate are the Kaplan verbal reasoning sections compared to the actual MCAT? I do fine on the Berkeley Review verbal section but jus took one of Kaplan's and my score went down a couple of points. I was wondering which one is more accurate to the actual test? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely don't know for sure, but out of the last 3 full lengths that I have taken, 2 of em have been kaplan, and one was aamc (3R). I had the same verbal score on all 3 tests: 11. So it seems accurate so far, all 3 tests tell the same story. Ill probably hafta take more aamc tests to know for sure though. Have u tried the verbal on aamc 3R yet? It might be worth a shot to see how it compares to ur kaplan and berkeley review scores.

I had no problem transitioning between kaplan VR and the real mcat. It seemed the same difficulty, and interest level.

this is a bit confusing..i took a kaplan full length verbal from the big book...and i got 13 questions wrong and that came out to be a 7 or 8....how is that so..when thats a 10 according to the AAMC website...i just dont get it!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Different tests ---> different scales. A easier test will have harder scales.

anyone has taken Kaplan FL #10 Verbal? What's up with 10 passages in that test?

P.S. Does anyone have conversion charts for FL 10 and 11? I know its new and all, but there has to be some sort of guideline scale.

There is no scale. The tests were pulled in April due to the fact that the scales were redicuously low. I'm talking a 30% in PS got you a 10. They just got put back out on the shelves and they're still insaine.

Scott

premedgeek said:
anyone has taken Kaplan FL #10 Verbal? What's up with 10 passages in that test?

P.S. Does anyone have conversion charts for FL 10 and 11? I know its new and all, but there has to be some sort of guideline scale.
i just took it like 2 hrs ago i am getting it scored in the morning - i'll let u know if they have a conversion chart..it was ok ..aamc-ish imo