Kaplan vs TPR Teacher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedHopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to become a Kaplan or TPR teacher for ACT and then take the MCAT course free? I was already thinking about doing it because I wanted to get a job and make good money to help with tuition college costs...My ACT was decent and I know I can teach the material for ACT really well since I took PR course to begin with....

Also, I didn't know if you teach their course, you get MCAT prep free???

Which company is easier to teach for?? Please let me know how this works, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

2 years of continuous part time service gives you a free class of any kind including MCAT. usually you can persuade them to give you a free class in a year.

EDIT: for kaplan

Wait, lets say I am taking the MCAT next summer around July...then can I teach the course starting in september and then take the free course in October to April and I will work with them until I graduate college...most likely for 2 years more since then I graduate???

Do I just apply online and how much do I get paid per hour?

you would have to negotiate that but it's unlikely they'll give you a free class right away. you never know, though; lots of centers are always in need of good teachers. unfortunately with the way the economy is these days some centers are downsizing, but opportunities abound regardless. if you're in the boston area give me a holler and i'll connect you with some people. starting pay is generally 18 an hour