FCIllini

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
Hey Everyone,
Brand new to the forum - planning on taking the DAT this spring. I'm sure y'all have discussed this a few hundred times, but which is the better prep book: Kaplan White or Kaplan Blue that I'm hearing about.
I have the white book, besides being huge, it seems fairly thorough. What do y'all think. Thanks!!

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
FCIllini said:
Hey Everyone,
Brand new to the forum - planning on taking the DAT this spring. I'm sure y'all have discussed this a few hundred times, but which is the better prep book: Kaplan White or Kaplan Blue that I'm hearing about.
I have the white book, besides being huge, it seems fairly thorough. What do y'all think. Thanks!!
White book is the book you get when signed up for Kaplan class. Blue book is the same as white book, but you can purchase it in book stores and white book is not for sale. These are two identical books with different covers

A

allexsimmons

I have both and it seems that the blue has a few more parts in the biology section than the white.

OP
FCIllini

FCIllini

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
Thank you both!!

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
FCIllini said:
Hey Everyone,

they are same. However both are worthless. The real value is the KAPLAN tests. I have a bunch of them on pdf from the online course. They are GOLD !!!

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
the blue book has 2 tests, the white doesn't. The white has questons after each chapter for review the blue doesn't soo they both have their benefits I would get the blue read it a bit then once kaplan course starts read the white one.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Qarmonist said:
the blue book has 2 tests, the white doesn't. The white has questons after each chapter for review the blue doesn't soo they both have their benefits I would get the blue read it a bit then once kaplan course starts read the white one.

White book should have a CD with it that has the tests....