• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

mdphd2b

Hepato-phile
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2001
Someplace cold
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi,

I was wondering if going through the set of all 3 spiral bound Kaplan books (2001
version) would cover all the review material necessary for Step 1? Are these
books adequate, esp for pathology?

mdphd2b

J

jkchou

I am wondering the same thing. They look impressive enough but I was flipping through them (the pharm section esp.) but I thought that they were not as detailed as I was expecting. Maybe that is just the level that is needed for the boards, I don't know. Let us know if they are comprehensive. Thanks.

G-Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2001
Texas
Status (Visible)
Actually, it appears the Kaplan Binders are really very effective. Several of my friends made the Kaplan binders their main study source. I'm not going to give out my friends' scores, but they scored better than the national average.

mary

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2001
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So, how do you get a hold of these binders? Can you buy them from Kaplan or do you have to get a copy from someone who took the course? Thanks..
Mary

About the Ads

tm26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2001
us
Status (Visible)
hello,
are these kaplan books really good or do u need to read other books along with this.what do u people think.at present iam doing BSS. i think this is good, it gives u detail answers.

BeeGee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2001
Status (Visible)
I used the 3 spiral notebooks from Kaplan as my primary text for Step 1 study. The detail was adequate but the Live Lecture Course filled in alot of spaces that were not in the notes. Also, lots of mistakes were found in the notes and even though a pamphlet of corrections was included, you had to go through each section and make corrections yourself, which was quite annoying due to the stress and time constraints. If you don't decide to buy the Kaplan notebooks, I recommend the High Yield series which are very helpful. To answer the other post, go to the Kaplan website for more info on purchasing the Kaplan Spiral Notebooks and 1 or 3 months of Q-Bank. Hope this helps. :D

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.