SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Kaplan's 3 spiral bound books?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by mdphd2b, Dec 1, 2001.

1. mdphd2b

mdphd2b Hepato-phile 10+ Year Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Someplace cold

I was wondering if going through the set of all 3 spiral bound Kaplan books (2001
    version) would cover all the review material necessary for Step 1? Are these
    books adequate, esp for pathology?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. I am wondering the same thing. They look impressive enough but I was flipping through them (the pharm section esp.) but I thought that they were not as detailed as I was expecting. Maybe that is just the level that is needed for the boards, I don't know. Let us know if they are comprehensive. Thanks.
  4. G-Man

G-Man Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Actually, it appears the Kaplan Binders are really very effective. Several of my friends made the Kaplan binders their main study source. I'm not going to give out my friends' scores, but they scored better than the national average.
  5. mary

mary Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    So, how do you get a hold of these binders? Can you buy them from Kaplan or do you have to get a copy from someone who took the course? Thanks..
  6. tm26

tm26 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 15, 2001
    are these kaplan books really good or do u need to read other books along with this.what do u people present iam doing BSS. i think this is good, it gives u detail answers.
  7. BeeGee

BeeGee Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 19, 2001
    I used the 3 spiral notebooks from Kaplan as my primary text for Step 1 study. The detail was adequate but the Live Lecture Course filled in alot of spaces that were not in the notes. Also, lots of mistakes were found in the notes and even though a pamphlet of corrections was included, you had to go through each section and make corrections yourself, which was quite annoying due to the stress and time constraints. If you don't decide to buy the Kaplan notebooks, I recommend the High Yield series which are very helpful. To answer the other post, go to the Kaplan website for more info on purchasing the Kaplan Spiral Notebooks and 1 or 3 months of Q-Bank. Hope this helps. :D