Kaplan's Money Back Guarantee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silent

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you had first hand experience with Kaplan's money back guarantee. How sincere is it really? Are they really willing to give you your money back if you don't improve?

Have any of you gotten your money back? Or not gotten anything back?

I might actually take them up on the offer if it is really sincere - at least if I don't improve I can have some sort of consolation :)

Members don't see this ad.

Find out what they use for the pre-test and the post-tests. It would seem that if they use one of their chosen exams for the first test, they can set the curve so high that your initial scores will be so low that you couldn't help but do better, even without studying. Maybe it's just me, but I highly doubt any big company sets a policy where they really plan on giving any money back.

The money back guarantee is a brand new thing and it only applies under very specific conditions: go to ALL classes, do ALL homework, score less than you did on your baseline (either diagnostic or last MCAT). It is hard to imagine any student qualifying for that.

It also does not apply to any student who took a Kaplan course that started before Aug. 11 2003.

It's not that new, and it can and does happen. Meowmix is right though, you do have to have gone to all of your classes -- that's why they take attendance each time. if you ever notice your teacher wasn't taking attendance, you should insist. They can't prove whether or not you did your homework, and as far as I know, classroom attendance is the only criterion. If you do persue the money-back, make sure that you talk to a center manager, and be persistant. They will probably try to talk you into taking the course again, or other such measures. But if you really just want your money back, keep asking for it. I've seen it happen.

i work for kaplan. we just had a staff meeting regarding this. starting aug 11 if you attend all classes (or miss 2 max and make them up), take all tests and establish a baseline score (diagnostic or previous real test score), if you don't feel comfortable at the end of the course about taking the test: money back or repeat the course for free.
it doesn't apply to any courses that started before aug 11.