Kaplan's RC methods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATkiller

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just wondering how many of you guys have found he kaplan's RC methods useful. To me they look very time consuming.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I was just wondering how many of you guys have found he kaplan's RC methods useful. To me they look very time consuming.

I too think its time consuming. we each have our own method. My method combines their method somewhat with search and destroy. You should try and develop something that works for you.

while searching and destroying I take a keyword from the question and put down the paragraph # I found the answer to that question down.

it helps me in that should I get some tone/inference question that includes a keyword I have a quick way to reference the paragraph and try to gleam the answer from.

I typically only miss 4-5 questions, most of hte errors being I"m a ******* for not reading the question correct or not reading all the answer choices. conversions puts that at 22/23. I'm hoping that kaplan's RC are not too easy and is giving me a false sense that I'll do well on the real thing. Just need to learn to slow down a bit and read the questions and answers fully.

I'm gonna pick up Crack Dat Reading and get in some more practice and I'll find out.

I used Kaplans method but tweaked it to fit me more. I read a little more and wrote a little less, but for the most part used their style and it worked for me after practicing it.

I found Kaplan's method too time consuming as well. All I do is read through the whole passage as quickly as possible while retaining as much info as I can. Then, I just refer back to the passage for each question. This probably won't work well for very difficult passages where writing down key words and paragraph subjects would help. I think the RC is basically a coin toss... if you get lucky, you'll get three easy science-related passages (that you already have a background in) like I did. The passages and questions were so easy that one read-through was enough to answer most of the questions. If not, you'll get ridiculous passages about pianos with tone/inference questions. So I think the best way to go is play it by ear. If the passage starts to get difficult, start to write down notes to help you.