1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Karma II

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TheRussian, May 1, 2004.

1. TheRussian

TheRussian Life Size Mirror
    7+ Year Member

I guess Karma doesn't work for pre-meds. It was a noble experiment but the truth of the matter, the competitive edge of us pre-meds prevents the appropriate usage of this Karma.

Not to say that this is a bad thing. After talking to a lot of med students this weekend at second look, I realize that med students are still just as competitive as undergrads. The only reason is WHAT they choose to be competitive in. All the students agreed that in the classroom they are very relaxed and are generally supportive of each other. Once they get on the soccer or baseball field, or the ice rink, it's a completely different story.

You can take the competiveness out of the classroom but not from the student.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HooahDOc

Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think it has less to do with inherent premed "competitiveness" and more to do with the results of mass anonymity.