Karma Thieves!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok first off, IMHO I think the karma thing is kinda silly, although it does serve a purpose. Today I glanced at my karma and some people had given me negative karma for my post reassuring the MCATer's.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=116616

Normally I would not have a problem with this, but everyone else had given me very positive feedback on that post. I personally think it is very worthwhile. I have a couple other instances of this, where people have anonomously left me negative feedback for no apparent reason. My question is, is there any way to see who gave us karma?

I think the karma ratings have the potential to be a useful tool to determine who on this board is reliable and such. It will only be ruined if people abuse the system. That is all.

Members don't see this ad.

You cannot see who leaves you karma. As for people leaving positive or negative karma, it's up to them and what they think of the post. You surely had good intentions, but perhaps people saw another side to that post (it was a little sappy for instance). Don't know what to tell you.

As for the "ruining it" thing: just because people gave you bad karma doens't mean they ruined the system. It's up to everyone on here to give good or bad karma as they see fit. Sometimes you might not agree with what they do, but that doesn't make it wrong.

i agree with facted... people give out both negative and positive karma without much of a reason sometimes. the system might not be around for much longer anyway, lee has mentioned in a post in the feedback forum that he might be getting rid of it soon.

and yeah, you can't see who left you karma unless they voluntarily leave a note, but even then they can sign whatever the heck they want. however, mods can see who left them karma.