1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

KCOM and KCUMB

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ingridska, Dec 5, 2005.

1. ingridska

ingridska KCUMB 2010
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So, I have two interviews next week. KCOM on Monday, KCUMB on Tuesday. First of all, is that insane of me to do two interviews back to back like that, and second, does anyone have any info about interviewing at either school? These are my first two interviews and part of me is really nervous (I've been anticipating this day for 5 years) and the other part is telling myself that I should relax and enjoy it. Looking for any advice/info!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. The Engineer

The Engineer Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm a KCOM first year. The interviews are not too bad. If I remember correctly, this is how it works: You will have one interview with a clinical medical faculty member (I had a DO who did research in rhumatology), a basic sciences faculty member (anatomy, biochem, etc.) and one with a member of the admissions staff. The main thing is to just relax, have a conversation with them and you will do fine. Be familiar with your application (don't memorize it) and current medical issues. I talked about politics in medicine with one and escencially had a "bull session" with the other.

In all honesty, the premed committe at my undergrad university were much more "difficult" than the ones I had here.

If you have any other questions, just send me a pm. Later. :luck:

4. illiniindc

illiniindc Token DO
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think one of the biggest keys to interviews is to relax. Be yourself. I can really only speak to the KCOM interview (since I am here). The interviews are done in the morning right before lunch. You will have one-on-one interviews with three seperate people. The big two interviews will be done with a clinical professor and a basic scientist. These are usually conversational and hardly what I would consider an interrogation. The atmosphere here is fairly laid back and I hope you will get that impression when you arrive.

Andy
    KCOM 2008

5. nrddct

nrddct carlover
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    the responses on the interview feedback section were pretty accurate when I interviewed at KCUMB. Very relaxed. Its a two on one and they just asked me basic motivation questions and about my application.