KCOM and KCUMB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ingridska

KCUMB 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have two interviews next week. KCOM on Monday, KCUMB on Tuesday. First of all, is that insane of me to do two interviews back to back like that, and second, does anyone have any info about interviewing at either school? These are my first two interviews and part of me is really nervous (I've been anticipating this day for 5 years) and the other part is telling myself that I should relax and enjoy it. Looking for any advice/info!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a KCOM first year. The interviews are not too bad. If I remember correctly, this is how it works: You will have one interview with a clinical medical faculty member (I had a DO who did research in rhumatology), a basic sciences faculty member (anatomy, biochem, etc.) and one with a member of the admissions staff. The main thing is to just relax, have a conversation with them and you will do fine. Be familiar with your application (don't memorize it) and current medical issues. I talked about politics in medicine with one and escencially had a "bull session" with the other.

In all honesty, the premed committe at my undergrad university were much more "difficult" than the ones I had here.

If you have any other questions, just send me a pm. Later. :luck:

ingridska said:
These are my first two interviews and part of me is really nervous (I've been anticipating this day for 5 years) and the other part is telling myself that I should relax and enjoy it.

I think one of the biggest keys to interviews is to relax. Be yourself. I can really only speak to the KCOM interview (since I am here). The interviews are done in the morning right before lunch. You will have one-on-one interviews with three seperate people. The big two interviews will be done with a clinical professor and a basic scientist. These are usually conversational and hardly what I would consider an interrogation. The atmosphere here is fairly laid back and I hope you will get that impression when you arrive.

Andy
KCOM 2008

the responses on the interview feedback section were pretty accurate when I interviewed at KCUMB. Very relaxed. Its a two on one and they just asked me basic motivation questions and about my application.