KCOM interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

double elle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have an interview at KCOM on the 9th of November. Was wondering if I could receive info from some of you who have already been there! Any input would be great! I have been trying to brush up on current medical topics in legislation, HMO's, etc....but, to be quite honest..did you really have the time to know everything going on? I am a High School science teacher and really don't have time to read medical journals. I catch articles in popular literature, but anything further is really stretching it. Also, the more I read about Managed Care (I already have a general knowledge) the more confused about it I become! Should I really worry about these sorts of things?
Thank you for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Kirksville and was really impressed with the school. My interviews were easier than I thought they would be. Maybe I was prepared or I just got lucky...

Anyway, I had no problems with the interviews. Very conversational, with questions covering my life thus far and where I see myself concerning osteopathic medicine. A girl that I interviewed with had a different experience however. She said that she did all the talking, and that she had some tough questions. She didn't feel that they were out to get her, but she did feel that they were tough.

In one of my interviews, the interviewer and I discussed the state of the school. He was happy with the school and when I asked questions concerning the classes, clinicals, etc., he really tried to sell the school. I am sold (I was probably sold before I even got there, but anyway).

I hope that you get some good interviewers! Just relax...it is a fun day actually.

Take it easy.