KCOM vs WCUCOM vs VCOM-CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archibaldroosevelt

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to have been accepted to KCOM, WCUCOM and VCOM-CC. Deposit for all is due 12/14. To make matters more complicated, I am waiting to hear back from KCU and MUCOM on adcom decisions.

Right now I am leaning heavily towards attending KCOM. I went to Kirksville for undergrad and love the town. The student body at KCOM seemed to jive best with me. I also like the fact that it's the oldest DO school, has no attendance/ dress code policy and is very walkable. The school would also be the closest to home. Downside is that it has the highest cost of attendance.

The students I spoke with at WCUCOM seemed to enjoy the school and the smaller class sizes were certainly a plus. However, I didn't feel like I fit in.

I enjoyed the quaint downtown near VCOM-CC, along with academic and social support offered but did not like mandatory attendance and dress code.

If you all were in my shoes, where would you go?

Members don't see this ad.

I would personally go to either KCU or KCOM. Granted, I will be interviewing at both of these in the next two weeks. Interviewing at MU-COM too and waiting on VCOM to review my app. Know lots of docs who speak highly of both KCU and KCOM--plus good opportunities for residency

MUCOM accepts most who interview so view that as a likely acceptance