KCUMB Dress Code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost Vagus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone that cares, the KCUMB dress code has officially been changed from business professional/ scrubs to virtually no dress code. Shorts, t shirts, jeans, sweats are all fine now. Not sure if this was make or break for anyone but it is definitely a nice change. I don't mind wearing scrubs every day (they are basically pajamas), but I suppose I could wear them now if I wanted to anyways. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like Hahn and Dubin brought with them the Fort Worth casual style. :thumbup:

Sounds like Hahn and Dubin brought with them the Fort Worth casual style. :thumbup:
Haha yea I agree. I did the masters program and I was required to dress up with a collared shirt and dress pants every day for a year and a half. I didn't mind it too much, but I really envied the med students that got to wear scrubs. Now scrubs aren't required and I can't help but feel a little disappointed. Oh well I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be a welcome change. Many of us didn't totally follow it when I was there (it wasn't really enforced) but no one wore shorts. That will be nice, indeed, come August. Glad to see continued improvements.

if they changed their mandatory attendance policy on top it might've been enough to tip the scales for me to make the decision to matriculate at KCUMB. regardless, the campus and facilities at this school are fantastic, and it is an awesome crew of friendly students and faculty.

Reactions: 1 user
One of the reasons i declined acceptance was because of the dress code

This is a pretty big deal for me too. Summer in KC with no shorts would suck
ubxLTb

if they changed their mandatory attendance policy on top it might've been enough to tip the scales for me to make the decision to matriculate at KCUMB. regardless, the campus and facilities at this school are fantastic, and it is an awesome crew of friendly students and faculty.
The attendance policy is probably going to be gone too.

Reactions: 3 users
The attendance policy was rarely enforced anyway. There were a couple of required lectures but on the whole that was rare in my experience. Often the lecturers would joke about it, remarking that most of the class must be on the University of Phoenix track before continuing with their lecture. Of argue that dress code and attendance should be low on your decision tree in picking a med school. Looks like the school is recognizing this and getting rid of it.

I was slightly worried about the attendance and dress code thing. This is very awesome that they are working on changing it.

Is this official yet? This is awesome!
No not yet. The dress code has been changed but the attendance policy is rumored to be changing too. The current policy requires students to sign in once a day.. It's not very difficult to get around anyways