General Admissions & OTCAS Kean University 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

occupationaltherapist2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Kean is my first choice school and I was wondering if anyone has heard from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Kean is my first choice school and I was wondering if anyone has heard from them?
Hi! I am also applying to Kean; I applied last year and they didn't start calling for interviews until around January and kept them going until late March. I have heard of people getting earlier calls but I don't think it is super common.

Hi! I am also applying to Kean; I applied last year and they didn't start calling for interviews until around January and kept them going until late March. I have heard of people getting earlier calls but I don't think it is super common.

Hi! When did you apply last year? I submitted my application the first week of october and they responded 2 weeks later stating that I will receive information within 2 months

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! When did you apply last year? I submitted my application the first week of october and they responded 2 weeks later stating that I will receive information within 2 months
I applied a few days before January 15th and got a call late February for an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied in November and havent heard back yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Second year student here. The masters program is generally Monday thru Friday. There is a mix of morning and evening classes. The department moved gross anatomy to the summer, which seems to lighten the coarse load for the fall quite a bit. Not sure about the doctorate program schedule as it just started this year and I’m not in the doctoral program. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Second year student here. The masters program is generally Monday thru Friday. There is a mix of morning and evening classes. The department moved gross anatomy to the summer, which seems to lighten the coarse load for the fall quite a bit. Not sure about the doctorate program schedule as it just started this year and I’m not in the doctoral program. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Thank you, is it possible to work during the program?

Thank you, is it possible to work during the program?

I can't speak to it personally because I don't work but there are some students who work part time, flexible jobs (i.e. babysitting, F&B, etc). They still get their work done but I imagine it's more stressful. I wouldn't recommend working if you can get away with it because the workload is intense and mentally draining, but I get it's not always possible.

Hi everyone! I applied to Kean as well (top choice) past forums make it seem like we will be hearing back around mid-feb and beyond for interviews. Good luck to everyone :)

Hi! I was emailed for an interview date, but the times weren't good for me due to my job and asked for a different slot.

Just got a call from Kean today to schedule an interview

I heard back about an interview today 2/19! Submitted application very close to the deadline.

I heard back about an interview today 2/19! Submitted application very close to the deadline.
hey when did you apply that you heard back yesterday? I applied mid-October and I am impatiently waiting to hear from them lol

I had my interview, I don't think I did very well because I had my interview kind of late due to my job. I also was very nervous and my interviewer did not help the situation, it felt very stiff. I should hear back in 3-4 weeks, she said, so by March 8. Im considered for the doctorate and masters program.

I had my interview, I don't think I did very well because I had my interview kind of late due to my job. I also was very nervous and my interviewer did not help the situation, it felt very stiff. I should hear back in 3-4 weeks, she said, so by March 8. Im considered for the doctorate and masters program.

I’m sure you did great! Did you apply to both the doctorate and masters program?

Does anyone know if they are still reaching out to people regarding interviews?!

I had my interview on February 5th and was notified today (February 26th) by phone call of my acceptance to the doctorate program!

Reactions: 2 users
CONGRATS!! :) do you mind sharing you stats?!
Sure!

Major: Public Health with a Pre-Clinical concentration and a Psychology minor
Undergrad overall GPA: 3.77
Prerequisite GPA: 3.92
Observation Hours: 300+ hours at peds outpatient, SNF, hippotherapy, psyc hospital, hand therapy, 3 hospitals, & medical missions trip to El Salvador
GRE: Didn't take

Extracurriculars: Community service leader for a group of volunteers to visit a dementia care unit, student volunteer for my campus health department, founder and president of the Pre-OT club, co-director of a student wellness committee, volunteer at the American Cancer Society, and a member of a Public Health Honor Society at my college

Work: Resident Assistant for 2 years, head waitress over 3 summers, intern for a commissary one summer

Research: Working on a research thesis for my school's honors program

Publications: Published an article discussing advocacy in OT for the Student Occupational Therapy Association

Last edited:
I submitted my application a few days before the deadline. I got a call from Kean on Feb 19 and had my interview on Feb 21. I was not told when I would hear back. Good luck to everyone!!

I submitted my application a few days before the deadline. I got a call from Kean on Feb 19 and had my interview on Feb 21. I was not told when I would hear back. Good luck to everyone!!

Best of luck to you!!! :) How was the interview?!

did anyone who applied only for the masters program get a call yet?

did anyone who applied only for the masters program get a call yet?
Not yet! Curious as to whether or not they are still doing interviews. I know they were doing a few last week, but I don’t believe we will hear back until they are all done

Not yet! Curious as to whether or not they are still doing interviews. I know they were doing a few last week, but I don’t believe we will hear back until they are all done
I emailed them and called them and both times I was told that I would hear back in about 3-5 weeks. So anxious this is my number one school and I have heard that they have been doing interviews for about a month now.

Did anyone who got an interview also apply for a GA position?

I emailed them and called them and both times I was told that I would hear back in about 3-5 weeks. So anxious this is my number one school and I have heard that they have been doing interviews for about a month now.

3-5 weeks from today or from your interview date? If so, when was your interview?

Hi everyone,

I was interviewed on Thursday and got accepted today! I'm so excited and can't wait to continue this OT journey!!! I was told after my interview it could take up to 3 weeks to hear back but I got lucky because I think the faculty actually held a vote the day of my interview.

Hi everyone,

I was interviewed on Thursday and got accepted today! I'm so excited and can't wait to continue this OT journey!!! I was told after my interview it could take up to 3 weeks to hear back but I got lucky because I think the faculty actually held a vote the day of my interview.

Hi! Can you share your stats?

Sure. My story was a little different as this is my second career, I was previously in finance and I am so lucky to be able to move on and pursue my dream career.

GPA: 3.01 Cum (2.974 Bachelors Econ and Mandarin major) Graduated 2012
Prereq GPA: 4.0 ( Just took all of them starting last May took 5 classes in the summer) Then Kean Intro to OT and stat class in Fall semester.
Shadow Hours: ~120 at 4 different sites
And I worked as a direct support professional since last year helping individuals with developmental disabilities which has been one of the best experiences of my life and best work experience by far. I would highly recommend it if you have the chance.

Anyone else hear back about getting an interview recently?

Hi everyone,

Did you get accepted into the doctorates or masters program?