Keck Graduate Institute Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxabi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of finalizing my list of post-bacs to apply for in the spring and I came across the Keck Graduate Institute post bad program. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information on this forum regarding the program - most people were accepted however I have yet to find a post by someone who's currently attending/attended the program.

Does anyone have any insight regarding this program? Has anyone completed the program, successfully or otherwise? I'd love feedback! The deadline for the priority application is Dec 15th and I'm trying to decide whether it will be worthwhile to apply.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to bump this post, but I applied for the December 15 deadline too and was looking for some information. I applied to the MBS program though and wasn't as sure as I am now that I want to do medical school. I'm going to use it to raise my GPA but who knows. Just focusing on getting admission first. I've done some searches on it and haven't got too much info. From what I know so far there are better SMPs elsewhere on the east coast mostly. Also, I've beard and read things about their post bacc program that were pretty good. I haven't heard anyone's experience from it though. I really like the MBS program and the idea on working in industry instead of medical school as an option for me

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump.

I just sent in my application for the PPC roughly a week ago. I was wondering if anybody who applied late, or simply applied in general, has heard back.

I heard back about an interview literally a week or two after I submitted my completed application. And I was accepted into the program a few days after my interview! This was back in February though!

Awesome xxabi. I called them this past Monday to see if my application was complete and we set up an interview then and there. My interview is tomorrow via Skype.

What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking. I know this is quite a while since you posted.
I'm very interested in applying.

MCAT = 29
GPA = 3.4

Even if your stats are nowhere near this, you should still apply. They are very open to who to accept. It's a great school. I love it here.

A lot of people comment on how it's more business-y and less sciency. What do you think about this? Do you think it will be good prep for med school? I'm definitely applying.

A lot of people comment on how it's more business-y and less sciency. What do you think about this? Do you think it will be good prep for med school? I'm definitely applying.

it depends on the classes you take and which program you're in. If you're in MBS, you're definitely going to be taking more business-related courses. But if you're in PPC, like me and other pre-meds, you'll be geared towards science courses.

it depends on the classes you take and which program you're in. If you're in MBS, you're definitely going to be taking more business-related courses. But if you're in PPC, like me and other pre-meds, you'll be geared towards science courses.
OnceACaneAlwaysACane, its great to hear from someone that is in this program, and enjoying it. I was hesitant to apply since my GPA is lower than their cutoff, but i thought maybe with a good statement and MCAT they'd consider me. I applied late to the PPC program but I have an interview in a few days. I assume that you have already completed the one year program by now. If you don't mind, what was your overall experience like? Also, any particular tips for the interview? More than any other post-bac/SMP's ive applied to, KGI seems to have the most options in terms of resources, advising, and preparation catering to the application cycle, so I wanted to know how true they were to their website. Since its a fairly new program, there aren't a lot of numbers in terms of matriculation rates, and I want to make the right decision.

As of now, I've only been accepted into the George Squared (GMU+Georgetown) ABS Certificate program, and waitlisted at Tulane in the MS Anatomy program.

MCAT = 29
GPA = 3.4

Even if your stats are nowhere near this, you should still apply. They are very open to who to accept. It's a great school. I love it here.

Hey,
I have similar stats to yours and was wondering if you ended up going to KGI or pursued something else? Did you think about completing CC science courses on your own and taking an MCAT prep course instead of a Post bacc? I am wondering because Post-bacc is on a pricey side, while the other route is a bit less expensive.
Thank you