• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

mellybean

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide whether to attend my Keck (USC) interview in early March. I've already been admitted to a school that I like (though I'm not completely sure whether I'd choose it over Keck, given that I've never been to California), and I was just wondering - is it worth the time, money, and effort to attend this interview? As far as I know, the admissions process there is rolling. Any insights/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide whether to attend my Keck (USC) interview in early March. I've already been admitted to a school that I like (though I'm not completely sure whether I'd choose it over Keck, given that I've never been to California), and I was just wondering - is it worth the time, money, and effort to attend this interview? As far as I know, the admissions process there is rolling. Any insights/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

if you think you might choose keck over the school you have been accepted at then I would go...you are interviewing to get into their school...dont go in worrying if it for the waitlist or not...it does not matter you are trying to do your best to give yourself the best shot of getting in

Wanna_B_Scutty

MS1
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Keck says that it doesn't matter when you interview and that the parcel out acceptances accordingly. I forget where they say it, but check your e-mailed invitation and/or their website.

Now whether it's really true or not is a different thing. But at least it's reasonable to have hope. Good luck! :luck:

About the Ads

junqu

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
yes. I was told that they partition out acceptances so you're still able to be accepted in March

hithere

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
my interview is scheduled for early april! you're not the last, don't worry.

DocJMengele

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
A Tree
Status (Visible)
my interview is scheduled for early april! you're not the last, don't worry.
Keck told me that they have all acceptances sent out by May 15 and a waitlist already made up. I wonder where those who interview after May 15th go on the already long list?:rolleyes:

Nomemory

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Keck told me that they have all acceptances sent out by May 15 and a waitlist already made up. I wonder where those who interview after May 15th go on the already long list?:rolleyes:

Who's interviewing that late? Isn't the interview season kinda over by then (i.e., May)? :confused:

Sophie

Lead Foot
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2003
Sacramento, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
One of my roommates interviewed in March last year and was offered an acceptance two weeks later.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.