Keeler BIO Offer at IU

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O Eye O

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if any other school received $350 off their Keeler BIO purchase? I heard from a friend at IU that this is what they received a couple of weeks ago. We were only offered $100 off which doesn't seem fair. I am contacting Keeler directly to inquire. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an IU OPT student and I just ordered a Keeler BIO. Did you ever get a hold of Keeler about why you were only offered $100? P.S. I received a $250 rebate, not $300 or $350 (which ever one it is) because I didn't purchase the Keeler diagnostic kit in the fall. I went with the LED too. There was some concern as to whether the LED is too bright or if it alters the perceived color spectrum during fundus illumination. I hope they (patients) like it bright.

Interestingly I know people at Ohio State and UMSL and at both schools there were no Keeler BIOs sold at all. At UMSL the entire class went with Heine, and at Ohio State all but a couple of went with Heine but none were Keeler. Both people I spoke with said there were no offers of $250 or $350 at their school. I still haven't heard why IU was the only school where that discount was offered. I would think the prices and incentives should be the same and not different at each school. I'm definitely not happy. It sounds like I bought the cheap product, I just didn't get the cheap price. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I own a Keeler and a Heine BIO. But I'm actually trying to sell the Keeler though. The working distance in the Keeler is too long for my shorter arms, so I tested the Heine and it was more suited for me (4' 11", short arms).

Besides my personal issue, the Keeler is pretty good. A few SCCO students purchased the Keeler LED wireless in my class. It is true that the LED casts a different color to the fundus image - some of our staffing doctors don't like it, while others don't mind it.

In regards to patients, just like any other BIO, don't blast the illumination too high and they'll be just fine.

The advantage is definitely the LED lights low power consumption. I hardly ever have to charge my BIO! And I really really like that it's wireless.

If you're still interested and want to purchase a used Keeler Vantage wireless LED BIO, contact me. My BIO is in perfect working condition and still under warranty through my school. Asking for roughly $2,200 for everything that came with the package including BIO, chargers, batteries, accessories and case.

I own a Keeler and a Heine BIO. But I'm actually trying to sell the Keeler though. The working distance in the Keeler is too long for my shorter arms, so I tested the Heine and it was more suited for me (4' 11", short arms).

Besides my personal issue, the Keeler is pretty good. A few SCCO students purchased the Keeler LED wireless in my class. It is true that the LED casts a different color to the fundus image - some of our staffing doctors don't like it, while others don't mind it.

In regards to patients, just like any other BIO, don't blast the illumination too high and they'll be just fine.

The advantage is definitely the LED lights low power consumption. I hardly ever have to charge my BIO! And I really really like that it's wireless.

If you're still interested and want to purchase a used Keeler Vantage wireless LED BIO, contact me. My BIO is in perfect working condition and still under warranty through my school. Asking for roughly $2,200 for everything that came with the package including BIO, chargers, batteries, accessories and case.

Not to hamper your sale, but 2200 is more than the cost of a brand new one with all the accessories. That's the cost if purchased through school. Not sure how much it would cost to just purchase it directly from the company, but I'm pretty sure schools have some sort of deal with these companies.

You're definitely right, achirum. I'm sorry I didn't double check my school's pricing and in no way did I intend to make a profit off of this. In fact, I want to give a discount so I can sell it.

So, updated price is $1800 + shipping.

Not to hamper your sale, but 2200 is more than the cost of a brand new one with all the accessories. That's the cost if purchased through school. Not sure how much it would cost to just purchase it directly from the company, but I'm pretty sure schools have some sort of deal with these companies.