1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep on effing up on GChem

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by adizzle87, Dec 29, 2008.

1. adizzle87

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey all,

I'm taking the Kaplan Subject GChem quizes and I can't get past 80% on those 30 questions, and sometimes I take more than 30 minutes to do them. I keep on making these small math mistakes which throw off everything and get me the wrong answer (e.g. proper conversion, mistaking + for -, etc etc).

This has happened consistently for the past 5 exams I took. I'm really shooken up by this because I have a feeling it'll be the same on the real thing. I'm freaking out because its not that I don't know how to approach the problem most of the time, its because of stupid sh&t here and there.

Does anyone have any advice, as I AM trying to be more careful but to no avail is it working. Does the real exam contain just as many "trick answers"? I going nuts staying up all night trying to get past 80%...

#1 adizzle87, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The real DAT was a good representation of subject tests 1-3, the last two are hard and not so much DAT like

4. Panther85

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    yea stupid math errors suck... but id be more worried for QR... make sure ur practicing that too if u are prone to easy math errors.