Keeping busy over summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sle3pyguii

I was wondering what some of you did over summer. I'm going to be taking 2 CC classes over the summer, so my choices are limited. The 2 classes are Monday through Thursday.

Do hospitals allow volunteering over a summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Many hospitals require a 6 month or 1 year commitment, but I was able to find a few that said 100 hours is good enough.

I was wondering what some of you did over summer. I'm going to be taking 2 CC classes over the summer, so my choices are limited. The 2 classes are Monday through Thursday.

How about actually doing something not related to your med school application? You know, like....say.....having a life?

Members don't see this ad :)
The sad thing is that that would probably help the app too in the hobbies department.
Only a premed would ever think of it that way.....although if you can come up with a way that "banging my girlfriend every chance I get" can do that, I will be impressed.

Only a premed would ever think of it that way.....although if you can come up with a way that "banging my girlfriend every chance I get" can do that, I will be impressed.

"I spent my summer intensely involved in clinical gynecological research, one of several fields that I am significantly drawn to. I have a ravenous tendency toward the specialty."

"I spent my summer intensely involved in clinical gynecological research, one of several fields that I am significantly drawn to. I have a ravenous tendency toward the specialty."

Haha, brilliant :laugh:

Outstanding!

Interventional gynecology...

How bout shadowing a doctor or volunteering? I would also recommend having a life because it ceases to exist once the fall comes. Think of it this way. Volunteer during the day for a few hours and then celebrate at night however you need to. It'll work out.