Kent State Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attended the Kent State Pre-Professional Internship? Guess it still would have been OCPM last time anyone went..

They are my number one choice and I would love to see the school and learn more about the program.

I will likely have summer classes during the program dates as they are all Tuesday-Thursday. Not sure if it is worth missing classes or not..

Members don't see this ad.

I interned there last winter and if its your first choice as well I recommend participating in the program 100%.It will be a great experience and a great measure as to whether podiatry and the school is right for you.

Does anyone know where to find more information on this? I've been looking all over their website but I can't find it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone attended the Kent State Pre-Professional Internship? Guess it still would have been OCPM last time anyone went..

They are my number one choice and I would love to see the school and learn more about the program.

I will likely have summer classes during the program dates as they are all Tuesday-Thursday. Not sure if it is worth missing classes or not..

I did the internship this past summer and it was definitely a great experience. Even though I decided to go to a different school, I learned a lot there about what it's like to be a podiatry student and since I stayed with a host a got opinions with out all the bull. I would say do it if it fits into your schedule especially if you are considering Kent because I heard if you do the internship you are pretty much guaranteed acceptance when you apply (as long as there is not something significantly lacking on you app).

I did the internship this past summer and it was definitely a great experience. Even though I decided to go to a different school, I learned a lot there about what it's like to be a podiatry student and since I stayed with a host a got opinions with out all the bull. I would say do it if it fits into your schedule especially if you are considering Kent because I heard if you do the internship you are pretty much guaranteed acceptance when you apply (as long as there is not something significantly lacking on you app).

Going to apply. Only problem is I know I will have summer classes just not sure on days yet.

I got accepted to the internship. Anyone that has gone?

I am trying to decide if I should stay at a hotel ($130) or stay with a host. (free)

Do what you think you would feel comfortable with. I stayed with a host and it was super awkward because she wasn't even in her house most of the time I was there. But it was really nice when I did get to talk to her to hear all of the inside details about the school that the faculty at the school will not tell you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Accepted to the internship!

What days did you sign up for? I applied for the July 9-11 internship but still have not received a call.

What date did everyone choose? I wonder how many people are in each group?

I applied for the July 9th too anyone heard anything yet?

I was told that if you haven't heard anything then you didn't get accepted and you are on the waitlist.

I was accepted but found out I will not be able to attend unfortunately so a spot will be opening for the early June session. June 4-6 I believe.

Just got an acceptance e-mail so apparently they are still sending some out for the July programs.

Just got an acceptance e-mail so apparently they are still sending some out for the July programs.

Congratulations. I am looking forward to the one in June. This is definitely my top school.

I got accepted to the internship. Anyone that has gone?

I am trying to decide if I should stay at a hotel ($130) or stay with a host. (free)

You still available to talk..?