Key points to score...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gutierrez001

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I was wondering what are some key points to score a surgery resident as a DO? and also scoring into fellowship, such as cardio , orth., etc.?thanks

P.S. -Sorry , i couldnt find to much info. on things to do, to better help DO score into programs.
 
Hmmm...not sure what you're asking here. Are you a DO student, looking to land an allopathic surgery residency? Or an osteopathic surgery residency?

What year are you? Have you taken Step I or Step II yet? COMLEX? How are your grades? Research? Strong letters?

BTW, I wouldn't worry about getting into a fellowship yet. You can worry about that plenty during residency. 🙂 And Ortho is its own residency; it's not a fellowship after General Surgery (like Uro, Ophtho, ENT, Neuro).
 
Gutierrez001 said:
Hi
I was wondering what are some key points to score a surgery resident as a DO? and also scoring into fellowship, such as cardio , orth., etc.?thanks

P.S. -Sorry , i couldnt find to much info. on things to do, to better help DO score into programs.


Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by 'score' and 'scoring'???