Key points to score...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gutierrez001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering what are some key points to score a surgery resident as a DO? and also scoring into fellowship, such as cardio , orth., etc.?thanks

P.S. -Sorry , i couldnt find to much info. on things to do, to better help DO score into programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm...not sure what you're asking here. Are you a DO student, looking to land an allopathic surgery residency? Or an osteopathic surgery residency?

What year are you? Have you taken Step I or Step II yet? COMLEX? How are your grades? Research? Strong letters?

BTW, I wouldn't worry about getting into a fellowship yet. You can worry about that plenty during residency. :) And Ortho is its own residency; it's not a fellowship after General Surgery (like Uro, Ophtho, ENT, Neuro).

Gutierrez001 said:
Hi
I was wondering what are some key points to score a surgery resident as a DO? and also scoring into fellowship, such as cardio , orth., etc.?thanks

P.S. -Sorry , i couldnt find to much info. on things to do, to better help DO score into programs.

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by 'score' and 'scoring'???