Quantcast

Khan Academy & AAMC Join To Offer MCAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHart

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Too bad it's only for those who've completed college already :/

Planes2Doc

I enjoy the nightlife
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now if Khan Academy only offered USMLE prep... I would be in heaven.

There are other sources like Kaplan and Dr. Najeeb, but I prefer Khan Academy. It was great using the Khan Academy as unofficial MCAT prep. In fact, it probably did a better job than TPR in some cases, since TPR is more focused on relearning concepts from step one.

The Buff OP

-lll-------lll-
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sounds cool. :thumbup: Khan Academy has help me before. In my college, it has a good rep with the professors.

Erakis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Khan academy became my primary resource when I was having trouble in a class or with a concept during MCAT prep. I have been in love with Khan academy for a while.

Gauss44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Khan Academy publicly traded? I'd say this deal with AAMC was their lucky day.

Urnathok

Boojum tamer
Reaction score
As pretentious and anal as something called "Khan Academy" sounds, the guy who did the lectures on organic chemistry could read a list of reagents and keep me entertained.

syoung

MS-3
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sal is pretty smart, 3 degrees from MIT and MBA from harvard, quit his hedge fund to do this for free.

Reactions: 1 user

911 Turbo

middle schooler aspiring doctor
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As pretentious and anal as something called "Khan Academy" sounds, the guy who did the lectures on organic chemistry could read a list of reagents and keep me entertained.

wtf? how does that sound pretentious and anal?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Urnathok

Boojum tamer
Reaction score
wtf? how does that sound pretentious and anal?

It calls to mind an uptight prep school. I know it isn't, and it's helped me more than once, but that's just how it sounds to me. Anyone else? Just me? No? Probably no.

DSM_302.0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone do the whole Khan Academy MCAT series, and if so, how long do you estimate it took? I'm trying to come up with a many months plan and would love to know this. I'm also going to use the EK series and maybe some Kaplan books thrown in for extra practice.

Horse Apiece

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone do the whole Khan Academy MCAT series, and if so, how long do you estimate it took? I'm trying to come up with a many months plan and would love to know this. I'm also going to use the EK series and maybe some Kaplan books thrown in for extra practice.

Nice necrobump, but there are literally thousands of hours of video in the MCAT series, most goes into more depth than necessary. For P/S I would look up the 100 or 300 page document that is on reddit sub MCAT forum, which has notes on all important terms and concepts from Khan. Just going over this document instead of watching the agonizingly slow videos will save you many many hours.

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Do NOT watch the entire khan academy MCAT series... only use it to clarify concepts that you need more elaboration on. When watching videos raise the speed to 1.25-1.5x to save time. Some people think they're doing themselves a favor by watching every single video, when it reality its only going to waste time considering how Examkrackers can explain a concept in 2 paragraphs in what it takes a 9 minute khan academy video to go over.

DSM_302.0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nice necrobump, but there are literally thousands of hours of video in the MCAT series, most goes into more depth than necessary. For P/S I would look up the 100 or 300 page document that is on reddit sub MCAT forum, which has notes on all important terms and concepts from Khan. Just going over this document instead of watching the agonizingly slow videos will save you many many hours.
OMG this document would be amazing. I just poked around Reddit but couldn't find it. If you know where it's at, could you link it here for the rest of us?

Horse Apiece

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks correct. The P/S one is very good. Can't speak to the quality of the other documents in there for other sections, because I didn't use them.