KHN: Thousands of Independent Practices Buckle Under COVID Strain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score

"Although no one tracks medical closures, recent research suggests they number in the thousands. A survey by the Physicians Foundation estimated that 8% of all physician practices nationally — around 16,000 — have closed under the stress of the pandemic"

1. This trend will accelerate under Joe/Kamala/Dr. Jill. D's will push hard to have all doctors working for the post office.

2. Support organizations and candidates that support you! #Mindhowyouvote

3. More pain MD's will be impacted by this in the coming year. I'm aware of one recent fellowship grad who tried to open his own practice this year, but couldn't pull it off due to COVID headwinds.

Members don't see this ad.

Become an NP. Problems will be solved. And they have an effective lobby.
Heart of a nurse, brain of a doctor.

@lobelsteve Meet your new boss!

1606774086830.png

Members don't see this ad :)
I find it fascinating you are projecting office closures that are occurring under a Trump administration to the incoming Biden administration.

if anything, these closures occurring under the current administration should make you want to vote the current occupants out of office...

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

"Although no one tracks medical closures, recent research suggests they number in the thousands. A survey by the Physicians Foundation estimated that 8% of all physician practices nationally — around 16,000 — have closed under the stress of the pandemic"

1. This trend will accelerate under Joe/Kamala/Dr. Jill. D's will push hard to have all doctors working for the post office.

2. Support organizations and candidates that support you! #Mindhowyouvote

3. More pain MD's will be impacted by this in the coming year. I'm aware of one recent fellowship grad who tried to open his own practice this year, but couldn't pull it off due to COVID headwinds.

a pandemic strategy that actually works is what will help private practices

Reactions: 1 user