Kicked out of dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_dent

King of Dentistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is out of curiosity.
Has anyone heard of someone getting kicked out of dental school? :(
If so why?

I have heard that you can get kicked out if you do not pass the boards.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info. How many chances do schools give you before they kick you out. Chances on the boards? Chances taking a class?

When I visited San Antonio I was talking with some 4th years and they told me that one of their class mates got kicked out for cheating. He then hired a lawyer who got him back in only to fail the very same class he cheated in. He got kicked out again.

I am not sure what will happen to you if you dont pass the 1st board, but if you dont pass the 2nd board, you cant practice independently. if you want to open your own practice, you will have to keep taking it until you pass.

Comet208 said:
I am not sure what will happen to you if you dont pass the 1st board, but if you dont pass the 2nd board, you cant practice independently. if you want to open your own practice, you will have to keep taking it until you pass.
Does this mean that you can practice as an associate without having passed Part II? That seems weird to me! :eek:

trypmo said:
Does this mean that you can practice as an associate without having passed Part II? That seems weird to me! :eek:
No school in the country will graduate you if you haven't passed Part 2, and even if they did, no state in the country would license you. You gotta pass the boards if you want to practice.

aphistis said:
No school in the country will graduate you if you haven't passed Part 2, and even if they did, no state in the country would license you. You gotta pass the boards if you want to practice.
Whew! OK, that's what I'd thought. Guess I over-analyzed or mis-parsed the above post: the emphasis seemed to be that you couldn't start up your own practice, but that other options were hypothetically available. I'm glad that's not the case!

doc_dent said:
When I visited San Antonio I was talking with some 4th years and they told me that one of their class mates got kicked out for cheating. He then hired a lawyer who got him back in only to fail the very same class he cheated in. He got kicked out again.

hilarious...cheaters never prosper!!! :laugh:

While I was at Case one of my interviewers said that they "had to let a student go" as he was pretty much comatosed in class and was failing everything and expected to be swept along with his classmates and eventually graduate.