Kinesiology Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

friedoreosandfitness

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm majoring in Kine but I'm not sure that the curriculum is solid at the school I'm starting at. There aren't any schools around me, and were stationed in Fort Hood so the closest 4 year is private and out of our price range, anyway. Can someone else who is taking Kine at another college show me your courses? Thank you! And no other school around me offers kinesiology so a cc is where I'm starting.

Members don't see this ad.

I majored in Kine essentially. It was called exercise science at my university. Took A&P, biomechanics, ex physiology, ex prescription, and other courses related to health. Of course, I had to take my pre med courses on top of those so that made it sort of difficult but I enjoyed it because all of my courses dealt with the human body in some fashion which is why I chose to major in it.

I'm not sure if it will show but here's my courses I'm taking for my degree. Am I wrong? I feel like some of these classes are completely pointless. I just want to make sure I'm getting the correct education.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 59
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an exercise science major (essentially the same as kinesiology).

Classes I took include human anatomy, human physiology, exercise physiology, biomechanics and advanced biomechanics, cardiopulmonary physiology, neuromuscular physiology, program fitness management, first aid, athletic training, personal health and wellness, exercise prescription, clinical physiology, and so on. The classes you've mentioned only include your first two years, and are primarily your core classes. Do you have the full list of courses?

I did kinesiology as well; my classes were similar to what the above posters said.
My emphasis is in neuromuscular sciences so I took:
Intro to Kin, Human Anatomy, Human Physio, Biomechanics, Ex Phys, Motor Development, Motor Learning/Control, Culture of sport, Sport Psych, Therapuetic Ex, Neuromotor control, Muscle Physiology, plus a few others I can't quite remember.

It was a B.S. though, and it looks like yours is an A.S.
For an A.S. from another school near mine the requirements were similar.

Yeah, it's an A.S. so I'm going to transfer after that. But if that's the right track of courses then I feel a little better. Thank you for letting me know. I will look at more schools farther away and see what all they offer! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile