Know of a good place for a peds gas rotation as an M4?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandemonium

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty much as the subject says. I'm an M4 with a requirement for another month of peds, but permission for it to be a subspecialty rather than office-based as in PedsI. I'm going into gas and would like to get a little exposure before I start residency.

I'm also open to another peds sub that might be useful for a future anes. I thought about PICU. Maybe.

Geographically I'm looking North East, East, Midwest, and maybe some South. I'm not too picky and I like to travel. :cool:

Any advice or comments are appreciated. TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

Pandemonium said:
Pretty much as the subject says. I'm an M4 with a requirement for another month of peds, but permission for it to be a subspecialty rather than office-based as in PedsI. I'm going into gas and would like to get a little exposure before I start residency.

I'm also open to another peds sub that might be useful for a future anes. I thought about PICU. Maybe.

Geographically I'm looking North East, East, Midwest, and maybe some South. I'm not too picky and I like to travel. :cool:

Any advice or comments are appreciated. TIA.

Try Dallas Children's Hospital. Freaking huge and expanding and there are many, MANY positions available, especially in the PICU. The pedi anesthesia department has undergone a change of leadership, but I suspect they will still have spots for med students.