Aug 13, 2015
I wasn't sure who would serve as a good audience for my message. I know that Physical Therapists play a role, though. I distinctly remember sitting across from a Physical Therapist in South OKC, tears streaming down my face as she helped fit me for a TENS unit that my GP said would not remove my pain. Her eyes started tearing up, too, and I don't think I've ever experienced that kind of compassion from a medical professional.

I'm a spine case. I have herniated and bulging discs, lumbar and cervical, and the nerve pain to go along with it. I lifted too heavy. I deadlifted too heavy. I know now it's possible with straining and years of persistence to wreck a spine.

I'm posting this message because there is a giant disconnect between you guys and some of the people who need you the most. You could search online for the most popular bodybuilding website and find "exercise" and "injury/recovery" forums that would make an orthopedist cringe. I'm in those forums, but I'm not popular. I DO know the catastrophic results of injury and what survivorship bias is. I know you'll find yourself working with people just like me.

I wish there were a way to stem the tide of self-injury. I know there are people looking for answers and not getting the help they need. This may be a rant. It's certainly an epidemic. Do a YouTube search for "deadlift." That's what you have to work with. Thanks for reading.