Kodak is entering the pharmaceutical business

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This completely makes sense to me, because they've long been a major chemical manufacturer.

Members don't see this ad.

Forgive me for being skeptical about this panning out.

(Nonsarcastic) I have high confidence in their sourcing ability as the article doesn't quite get it right. Kodak has one of the best internal abilities to test for reagent purity. The only reason that they don't do that part of the business anymore is that they sold to DuPont when the company went Japanese. They still have outstanding quality control, and they're not in the synthesis business, rather the reagent business like Sigma-Aldrich, Merck (which actually does quite a bit of boutique chemical manufacturing), and DuPont.

Problem, I thought most of those scientists got downsized and it'll take Kodak some serious money to get them back.

Members don't see this ad :)
The CEO made $100M total from some options that are about to expire worthless and gained 20M from holding shares after the announcement. Lots of insider trading activity from the board members, they bought shares and call options. Shares went up 1800% in 2 days. 99% of insider trading activities got away scot free.

If I am a degenerate gambler, I'll be buying some put tomorrow and consider it a play money total loss.

Reactions: 1 user
The CEO made $100M total from some options that are about to expire worthless and gained 20M from holding shares after the announcement. Lots of insider trading activity from the board members, they bought shares and call options. Shares went up 1800% in 2 days. 99% of insider trading activities got away scot free.

If I am a degenerate gambler, I'll be buying some put tomorrow and consider it a play money total loss.

What are the odds they continue to get away scot-free as this story comes out more and more?

Kodak had a digital camera but kept it a secret because they didn't want to jeopardize traditional film sales....so yeah not a great innovative culture there

Kodak had a digital camera but kept it a secret because they didn't want to jeopardize traditional film sales....so yeah not a great innovative culture there

GM killed the electric car.