1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

kreb cycle, glycolysis

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by issa, Jul 24, 2006.

1. issa

issa Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i remember reading a post saying that we have to know just the reactants and the products of the kreb cycle and glycolysis. is this true?
    so we don't have to memorize what happens in each step?

what about the light and dark reactions steps, do we have to know what happens exactly in each step?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. issa

issa Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

anyone know??

4. 714guy

714guy counting down till 5/2012
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    to be safe i studied it in detailed.

5. blankguy

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It seems like the Kaplan book sort of glosses over these reactions. I think they are trying to convey that you need to know the general gist not the reactant molecules at every step.

6. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    be able to bookkeep where the ATP comes from.... you should know Glyceraldehyde-3-phospahte (G3P) as this is probably the most important intermediate in all of respiration. know the end products of glycolysis/krebs plus where the electrons go, etc. i would say your wasting your time if you memorize all the rxns.

jb!