KU anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geefur16

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently found out that I was accepted into KU's SOP. For anyone out there that goes to KU, how feasible do you think it is to make the commute from the Kansas City area (around a 30 minute drive)? Do many students in your class do this? I was also thinking of the possibility of commuting with other people in the K.C. area.

I'm really trying to avoid moving to Lawrence, but will do it if I really should. Thanks for your opinion! See you next year :D

Members don't see this ad.

It is easy to commute from anywhere. The entire six years I was At KU, I lived in Lawrence for only 9 months. The rest of the time I lived in KC across from the KU Med Center or in Topeka. Other than putting lots of miles on my car I had no trouble. Take into consideration that 1/2 your final years couses are at the KU Med Center and your rotaion sites will be all over. So you will be fine in KC.

i will also be commuting from kansas city to lawrence. i live in brookside and anyone interested in carpooling just let me know. if i drive there all five days each week for all four weeks a month that's about 200 bucks a month in gas. i'm open to alternating weeks or days or whatever. send me an email and maybe we can meet for coffee and discuss the possibility of carpooling.

Members don't see this ad :)
The commute isn't too bad. There are only so many Intern positions in Lawrence so most people end up working in KC or Topeaka anyways, so everyone commutes in some way shape or form. I work at the Med Center and have a place in south Lenexa so its not really to far either way. Gas isn't cheap but not much you can do.