La Guardia to NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have interview coming up and i'm buying tickets now

I have a question how long is the trip from NYMC to la guardia if I'm planning to take taxi from NYMC to white plains train station -> train from white plains to grand central -> taxi from grand central to airport?

cause it says the interview should be done by 1:30 and if I book the flight at 5:30, would I make it?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you MIGHT make it but considering how it takes time to check-in at the airport you might be stretching it a little. Taxi from NYMC to white plains should take 10-15 mins max, you can grab the express train from white plains to grand central that takes about 33 mins. Now sure on the taxi situation. You'd be there close to rush hour though.

yea how long does it take from grand central to la guardia? cause let's say I'm done at 1:30, wait for taxi until 2, NYMC to white plains 15-30min, white plains to grand central 1 hour, so I'll be at grand central at around 3:15-3:30ish.

it says taxi from grand central to la guardia is about 20min, so even with rush hour, I should be able to make it right?

also, from grand central station, is it better to stop at white plains station or north white plains?

Members don't see this ad :)
20 minutes from GCT to LGA? Hah....especially at rush hour (which is when you're traveling). Expect it to take close to an hour, possibly more depending on traffic/accidents that day.

Yeah, I was wondering some of the same things. I was looking at flights, but it looks like for me it'd be better to fly into JFK. The only thing is that coming back, NYMC says they'll be done around 1:30 - the latest flight from JFK is 6pm, after that there's no flight until like 8 the next morning... :(

What if the day runs behind schedule? Or your interview runs long? Sounds risky.

For LaGuardia, I think the M60 bus stops at the 125th St-Harlem Station and goes to LaGuardia. So it may be more expedient to take a cab from there, rather than from Grand Central.