Lab Grade Importance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shakenotstirred

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was hoping anyone knew how much importance an admin committee places on your Lab grade. For instance, if you do really good in the class (like A), but get about a B in the class' lab (hence separate grade), but it is only 1.0 credit (vs. 3.0 actual class credit), are they gonna frown? *[ I think i just made that more complex than it was]

Thanks anyone:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to say. My school give only one grade for lecture and lab. Usually, it is like a 4 credit class and a 0 credit lab.

i think adcoms don't care, it is part of your science gpa though.

My guess is that it's probably not a problem... UNLESS your lab grades are consistently below your lecture grades. Even then, if you're pulling A's and B's, it's probably not a problem, but it would raise my eyebrow if I were on an adcom (which of course I'm not). As a physician, though, your career will be based on the practical application of your knowledge, so if you're consistently doing better in lecture than in lab, it might be a problem - even though running a titration is vastly different than taking a patient history.