Lab Skeletons Revisited

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you Blade28, MustafaMond and starayamoskva for your kind responses. I appreciate them.

I have figured out all of hte lab skeletons that resemble these:

Na+ | Cl− | BUN /
136-146 | 95-110 | 5-20 /
_________ |___________|___________/ Glucose
K+ | HCO3− | Creat \ 70-110
3.5-5.0 | 21-29 | 0.5-1.4 \
\

Ca++ | Protein | AST/SGOT| LDH /
.5-10.5 | 6.0-8.3 | 10-40 | 100-250 /
________|_________|_________ |________/ T bili
Phos | Albumin | ALT/SGPT | Alk Phos \ .3-1.5
2.5-4.5 | 3.5-5.0 | 10-40 | 40-125 \
| | | \

\ Hgb /
WBC \ 12.9-16.9 / Platelets
3.8-10.6\ _____________/ 156-369
/ Hct \
/ 38.0-48.8 \
/ \

BUT, It's this one that has me stumped.

\ /
\ /
\ /
/\
/ \
/ \

I got these ScutSheets in .pdf format from www.medfools.com and this particular skeleton can be found on the ScutSheet for both Peds and Medicine.

At any rate, thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

drdd said:
Thank you Blade28, MustafaMond and starayamoskva for your kind responses. I appreciate them.

I have figured out all of hte lab skeletons that resemble these:

Na+ | Cl− | BUN /
136-146 | 95-110 | 5-20 /
_________ |___________|___________/ Glucose
K+ | HCO3− | Creat \ 70-110
3.5-5.0 | 21-29 | 0.5-1.4 \
\

Ca++ | Protein | AST/SGOT| LDH /
.5-10.5 | 6.0-8.3 | 10-40 | 100-250 /
________|_________|_________ |________/ T bili
Phos | Albumin | ALT/SGPT | Alk Phos \ .3-1.5
2.5-4.5 | 3.5-5.0 | 10-40 | 40-125 \
| | | \

\ Hgb /
WBC \ 12.9-16.9 / Platelets
3.8-10.6\ _____________/ 156-369
/ Hct \
/ 38.0-48.8 \
/ \

BUT, It's this one that has me stumped.

\ /
\ /
\ /
/\
/ \
/ \

I got these ScutSheets in .pdf format from www.medfools.com and this particular skeleton can be found on the ScutSheet for both Peds and Medicine.

At any rate, thank you for your help.

Dude, just took a look at said scutsheet on medfools. The x is indeed for your cbc. If you look just below it you will see a nice spot for your differential
P L M E B. And thanks for the link. The scut sheet is pretty cool.

I thought I also said, if it's not CBC, then it's LFTs...starting from the left and going around clockwise, it's alk phos, ALT, total bili, AST.

Like others said, it's another shorthand for the CBC.

Also, the CBC and Chem-7 shorthand are the two that are most widely recognized. If you tried to write that LFT shorthand at my hospital, no one would understand it.

Jaded Soul said:
Also, the CBC and Chem-7 shorthand are the two that are most widely recognized. If you tried to write that LFT shorthand at my hospital, no one would understand it.

Probably depends on the program.

In the cardiothoracic ICU at USC (and who knows where else), LFTs were commonly written that way. Coags (PT/PTT/INR) also had their own notation, as did Cal/Mg/Phos.

Blade28 said:
Probably depends on the program.

In the cardiothoracic ICU at USC (and who knows where else), LFTs were commonly written that way. Coags (PT/PTT/INR) also had their own notation, as did Cal/Mg/Phos.

Okay, so some people might understand it, but my point is that not everyone will.

Jaded Soul said:
Okay, so some people might understand it, but my point is that not everyone will.

Fair enough. I'd never seen those skeletons before my away rotation, either, and have yet to see them again outside LA county.