Labeled Fundus Picture

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sniklegem

My pupils: o O
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Learning BIO right now and I was hoping someone had a labeled picture of a fundus. A real fundus, not just a schematic, illustrated version.

For instance, what the heck does a vortex vein look like? Please help. Please. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update:
I know what a vortex vein looks like! Woohoo! :) :idea:

Yeah, that's for all you cynical and bored optoms out there. I admit it: I'm a 2nd year and I find pleasure in the simple things in life... like the vortex veins.

But feel free to email or post links for me and my fellow goody-two-shoes.

I'm definitely having the same problems with learning BIO. Could someone please send me pictures of a labeled fundus? Sometimes I feel like I'm probably staring right at a vortex vein and don't even know it.

PM me and I'll forward you the email DocWatson sent me that mentioned what a vortex vein looks like.

Update: my friend has a vortex vein that looks like an armadillo... or a centipede. Okay, a small centipede. :)

My new favorite landmark is a short posterior ciliary nerve.

PM me and I'll forward you the email DocWatson sent me that mentioned what a vortex vein looks like.

I never forwarded anything so I don't know what this is about.

Update: my friend has a vortex vein that looks like an armadillo... or a centipede. Okay, a small centipede. :)

My new favorite landmark is a short posterior ciliary nerve.

Can you send me a copy?

No, I cannot. Doc *never* sent me anything.

And why aren't you on AIM? I needed to talk to you the other night, but you were nowhere to be found.

Just to cover something based on a question posed to the mods from this thread. Posting a PM or forwarding the content of a PM to another member (unless it is sent to a mod b/c of inappropriate content) is not permitted unless the original sender of the PM provides permission.

Thanks! :) DrMom