Lack of experience entering pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhatPharm2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to start my first year of Pharmacy school in August but i'm feeling really nervous because I have absolutely no experience in the pharmacy field. I did some volunteer work but never worked as a Pharm tech.
Did ayone here entered pharmacy school without having any work experience in the field? How much more difficult will school be for me if I never worked in pharmacy before?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm preparing to start my first year of Pharmacy school in August but i'm feeling really nervous because I have absolutely no experience in the pharmacy field. I did some volunteer work but never worked as a Pharm tech.
Did ayone here entered pharmacy school without having any work experience in the field? How much more difficult will school be for me if I never worked in pharmacy before?

I had zero experience...it did not affect me at all. Of course I was not familiar with many of the drugs, but that is just memorization crap. Don't worry about it.

Try search function...numerous threads with this topic exist.

Thanks Mike36 for the response, it's good to know that the lack of experience didn't affect you. I feel a lot less nervous now, Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that lack of experience going into school will hurt you. However, I have found it helpul to keep on working during school that way I am able to apply the knowledge that I have learned to some extent and not jut memorize it.

I also started pharmacy school without any pharmacy experience. Get a pharmacy job as soon as you can but I didn't find myself at a disadvantage due to it at the beginning.

I will say that I have learned tons and tons from work and lots of things we never addressed in school. I think pharmacy work is incredibly important.