Ladies and Gentlemen... a Noob WW Sign Ups!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the noob game, what month? I am fairly sure I had 10s of games under my belt by the time that started. I didn't start on that noob game ish, and look how I turned out :p (as a means of combatting those opposing these types of games :p)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
WW 101 was in March 2014, you started playing in December 2013 (Survive Alive). If you played every game that was run after that - I didn't check - you would have played 6 games by the time WW 101 started (7 if you count Cats but they really started at almost the same time, Cats was the very end of February).

Members don't see this ad.

"They" might no longer be alive by the end of the game.
Not sure you get how this is going to work, and no brownie points for arguing with the grizzly old veteran.

images

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure you get how this is going to work, and no brownie points for arguing with the grizzly old veteran.

images
I just watched a short video about WW for noobs such as me. Looks intriguing and fun.

Love the awesome wolf photo, too!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It was either March or April, it ran around the same time as Cats, I remember reading that one and laughing at you.

It is most excellent. Some of those old lounge games really make me sad I didn't start playing earlier. Hell I would have caught some good games even if I had started playing when I joined SDN instead of a year later. But then, I wouldn't give up my forever noob buddies for the world :love:

You are just too kind :p. Tis why I shall never trust escalla ever again lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

"They" might no longer be alive by the end of the game.

I just watched a short video about WW. I'm looking forward to learning how to play this game!
***Lynch Doctor-S**** for arguing with SOV because nobody who argues with SOV stays alive/ makes it very far....

Also because arguing with one of the alphas is a very wolfish thing to do. Gotta cover our bases. ;)

***Lynch Doctor-S**** for arguing with SOV because nobody who argues with SOV stays alive/ makes it very far....

Also because arguing with one of the alphas is a very wolfish thing to do. Gotta cover our bases. ;)
:laugh::lol::roflcopter:

Reactions: 5 users

I'm not sure @cdoconn is going to be able to contain her excitement for the next two weeks before the game actually starts:p

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
;)@cdoconn.
I'm not sure @cdoconn is going to be able to contain her excitement for the next two week before the game actually starts:p
I CAN'T. I have 3 finals next week AND I WANT TO PLAY WW also I'm procrastinating studying for my physiology final on Monday and would rather do anything than study right now.

Or in the words of @DocEspana , lie equally as wolf or villager.

Can me and DocE mentor together?

Consistency is key.

Best of all, if younalways lie equally at all times, then you can be lazy one day and just tell the truth as a wolf later and everyone assumes it's some elaborate lies and ends up chasing their own tails.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Now that's not completely necessary LIS. I'm a nice person (when I'm not killing, lying, or backstabbing)... a very good addition to the villagers list I'm sure.

I was only trying to defend the SDN vets against a different enthusiastic noob. Haha

The other day I heard 1, 2 step on the radio and now when I see this thread it starts playing in my head because for some reason I see the phrase "ladies and gentlemen" and that's how my brain wants to play it now.

Anyways I'm very excited to watch new noobs learn to play this game. I don't know who my noob is but they're going to be the best noob... either that or they'll die really early. Could go either way.

Reactions: 7 users
The other day I heard 1, 2 step on the radio and now when I see this thread it starts playing in my head because for some reason I see the phrase "ladies and gentlemen" and that's how my brain wants to play it now.

Anyways I'm very excited to watch new noobs learn to play this game. I don't know who my noob is but they're going to be the best noob... either that or they'll die really early. Could go either way.

Wait. Aren't you still a n00b?

I think the hardest part of WW for me will be not editing my posts. I probably edit 70% of what I post of SDN because my mind moves faster than my fingers and I leave out details or names. :bookworm:

Wait. Aren't you still a n00b?
Yeah she's playing in this game too, dontcha know? Gotta lynch that sketchball for sure.
I think the hardest part of WW for me will be not editing my posts. I probably edit 70% of what I post of SDN because my mind moves faster than my fingers and I leave out details or names. :bookworm:
At my strictest I generally still allow editing for grammar.

Yeah she's playing in this game too, dontcha know? Gotta lynch that sketchball for sure.

At my strictest I generally still allow editing for grammar.
@cdoconn conn
Trilt is a chill mod.

About 95% of my posts last game had some form of "ETA:" "Edited because grammar" "Edited because spelling" after them.

Edited for grammar :laugh:

Last edited:
After finals, I'll definitely read.

The other one I feel like I need to read is one I see quoted all the time and it's about a car and WTF..?
I'm not sure, but I think Vet School WW is where the car showed up. Yes, I'm an enabler, and I'm procrastinating too.

The only way for me to win is to play in a n00b game.
But, but... our time in Incredibles means nothing? :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
I saw a lot of people using spreadsheets, does someone want to elaborate? What exactly do you keep track of?
I usually use a spreadsheet to track who votes for who each day, things that strike me as 'off' about a person, my actions when I have them, other people's actions that I know about, role reveals and abilities, etc. They definitely aren't required, but I like having a place I can summarize information and not have to read back through pages of chatter to find details.

Reactions: 7 users
I saw a lot of people using spreadsheets, does someone want to elaborate? What exactly do you keep track of?
Roles, role reveals, things people have said (so you can catch any lies or sneakiness occurring later in the game). Notes of things they said/did that made you think they are villager vs wolf, any notes on their voting, etc.

I gave up doing one in Excel because I can't stand putting more than 1 word in a box. I just use a Notepad document and put notes down of whatever I see as I see it, claims, and connections between players. However, considering how wrong I usually am that may not be a good strategy. :laugh:

You find your own way of doing things after a while.

Reactions: 2 users
After finals, I'll definitely read.

The other one I feel like I need to read is one I see quoted all the time and it's about a car and WTF..?

Yes, I was a wolf in that game, wolves died fast, I was actually a convert. I was alone against 12 or 13 other players. I had mentioned a few times if anyone gets the car, have another wolf attack that wolf so it appears they got away. no one would go for it, until I converted WTF and at just the right time since she had seered me. WTF finally got the car, I attacked her, she cleared my name because she had seered me, she appeared clear due to the "wolf attack" and well wtf and I made the wolves come back from a really bad start to win the game. Probably one of my favorite moments in ww.

Reactions: 4 users
@cdoconn conn
Trilt is a chill mod.

About 95% of most posts last game had some form of "ETA:" "Edited because grammar" "Edited because spelling" after them.
Oh good! I read the noob WW that SOV modded (modded? moded?) in March of '14 and he was pretty strict about not being able to edit for grammar w/out permission, so I wasn't sure.

Yes, I was a wolf in that game, wolves died fast, I was actually a convert. I was alone against 12 or 13 other players. I had mentioned a few times if anyone gets the car, have another wolf attack that wolf so it appears they got away. no one would go for it, until I converted WTF and at just the right time since she had seered me. WTF finally got the car, I attacked her, she cleared my name because she had seered me, she appeared clear due to the "wolf attack" and well wtf and I made the wolves come back from a really bad start to win the game. Probably one of my favorite moments in ww.
Wow!! That's exciting!! I definitely need to read it. Maybe on a "study break" this week I will. thanks @Zensing 100% gonna fail this now hahaha

Oh good! I read the noob WW that SOV modded (modded? moded?) in March of '14 and he was pretty strict about not being able to edit for grammar w/out permission, so I wasn't sure.
There used to be very strict no editing rules, but over time things have changed. Some mods will allow anything except editing of lynch votes, some limit you to grammar, and there are probably traditionalists who don't want you to edit at all. You still need to be careful about what you say though and think things through before posting, especially if you're a wolf or have an ability...stuff like that is how wolves or power roles get discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.