Ladies' Assesories for Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKitty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Girls, what kind of handbags do you carry to the interview? Did anyone carry a laptop case? I want to bring my ibook with me, and the laptop case seems like a perfect assessory, since it can also fit papers, CVs, folders, etc. Would I look weird if I will have a laptop case instead of a hand bag? Somebody please help me pick assessories :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Accessories are a very personal thing, I would imagine. I've seen girls with small purses, laptop cases, etc. but I just carry everything in a leather folder.

Ass-essories are also a very personal thing

Members don't see this ad :)
personally, i think a laptop bag would look kind of weird. can i ask why you want to to bring your ibook with you? unless you have a very slim neat looking laptop bag i guess...

Hey. I've been told I've got some great ass-essories. They are, indeed, ass-ets. The amount of impact they can have can be ass-tonishing.

seilienne said:
Hey. I've been told I've got some great ass-essories. They are, indeed, ass-ets. The amount of impact they can have can be ass-tonishing.

so ass-inine :laugh:

What were u thinking u would use the laptop for??? I think it might be unecessary and just be a pain to lugg around all day, but thats me. I carried a small purse and a leather padfolio personally, and it worked fine.

DrKitty said:
Girls, what kind of handbags do you carry to the interview? Did anyone carry a laptop case? I want to bring my ibook with me, and the laptop case seems like a perfect assessory, since it can also fit papers, CVs, folders, etc. Would I look weird if I will have a laptop case instead of a hand bag? Somebody please help me pick assessories :scared:

If you want to bring your laptop case, that's perfectly fine. You can usually leave everything in the admissions office when you go on the tour, so it's not a hassle to carry around. However, I've come to the conclusion that you really don't need to bring ANYTHING to interviews...not even your notes or CV. The whole day, you're usually busy talking to an interviewer, current student, or fellow applicant, so you don't have time to review any of your notes. Your interviewers should have your CV/AMCAS in front of them.

I got this really great tote from LizClairborn. It's big enough for a small laptop, big enough for a folder and papers, but looks fabulous. I got stopped by several people to ask where I got it, and even a dean of admissions at one place poked her head out and asked where I got "that absolutely FABULOUS bag!"

seilienne said:
i won't believe it without pictures.

I guess I don't really need ibook there, I was just thinking I might want to use it while I am at the hotel. Plus, the laptop case is about 9x12, so it fits a standard folder and papers perfectly. Which stores sell leather portfolios? Maybe I will bring that instead. Thanks.

i've been on 6 interviews thus far. i have mostly just seen girls carrying those leather zip up folder type things. seems like the norm. other than that, i've seen a few small black or brown leather purses and a couple larger tote bag styles. i have a larger burberry tote that i love and i've carried that everytime and it's worked great. i put the standard leather folder in it but can also carry my wallet, makeup, keys, water, etc.

staples carries those leather folders.

Ha ha, everyone here is so formal. I took a beat up purse to my Temple interview (I was by far, the GHETTOEST person suit assessorie-wise in the room). At NYMC, I literally had to go straight from my interview to the airport so I had a >gasp< backpack with me. At both, the only jewelry I had on was my lucky ring from my boyfriend which is about 4 years old and not fancy at all.

Seriously, look as nice as you can but don't stress about your assessories. I am super broke, paying for the whole process myself (as well as my undergraduate education, car, rent, bills, etc. - as an UNDERGRAD) and even though I had to get my suit at an outlet and don't have a nice bag or tote or anything, nobody interviewing me has even looked at what I brought in with me anyway. :thumbup: