laminated sheet and dry erase marker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sl2obel2ts

i like tomatoes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to buy one to practice with it, but the place that sells it offers ones with grid mark and another just blank. How many sheets do you get and do they have grid? how thick are the markers?

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

They are gridded and the markers are as thick as they can get.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am trying to buy one to practice with it, but the place that sells it offers ones with grid mark and another just blank. How many sheets do you get and do they have grid? how thick are the markers?

thanks in advance.
81505_PD_Lrg.jpg

EJ071981.jpg

dry erase grid paper is 1 x 1 cm size; standard letter sized

thanks in advance.
in the dat they provide the ones with grids. i got that and i also went to staples and told them to laminate a blank sheet of paper to practice diagrams and stuff with so that less paper would be wasted (im somewhat of a tree-hugger lol), but the problem is that the ink stays on the sheet and doesnt earse that well. i gotta use that alcohol solution 6548915616984986 times a day lol

in the dat they provide the ones with grids. i got that and i also went to staples and told them to laminate a blank sheet of paper to practice diagrams and stuff with so that less paper would be wasted (im somewhat of a tree-hugger lol), but the problem is that the ink stays on the sheet and doesnt earse that well. i gotta use that alcohol solution 6548915616984986 times a day lol

Yes, it is very hard to erase on those scratch gridline laminated sheets. I hold down one corner with my hand and erase with the other hand as hard as I can. I wonder if it will be better to use all three sheets (6 sides) and only erase when needed, or erase after every sheet (1 side) to prevent the marker from drying too much.

How have been people's experiences with the marker odor? I just switched to practicing with it (the expo pen), and within 1-2 problems it starts making me woozy. Not cool when I'm taking an entrance exam darn it!!

ha, Yeah I could smell it and still can a little, my marker is getting dry though, and people say they are sometimes fairly dry when we get them...

You will probably get used to it, I might call my testing center and see what there policy is for markers, reuse or brand new or what, using this semi dry one is really really annoying and I hope I get some fresh ones for the test.

I had the same problem. I tried to laminate a paper from staples and it wont erase. Anyone who has taken it: Is it hard to clean the board on the real dat or does it whipe right off?

I had the same problem. I tried to laminate a paper from staples and it wont erase. Anyone who has taken it: Is it hard to clean the board on the real dat or does it whipe right off?

I did the same thing and it DOES erase easily. You are probably using the wrong marker, or maybe there is sth wrong with your laminating paper.

if the laminating doesnt work you can easily make a "dry erase" board by taking a page protector sleeve and sticking a sheet of cardstock or printing paper in it. the writing erases like a charm off it! :)