1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

laminated sheet and dry erase marker

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by sl2obel2ts, May 26, 2008.

1. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes

Dentist
    I am trying to buy one to practice with it, but the place that sells it offers ones with grid mark and another just blank. How many sheets do you get and do they have grid? how thick are the markers?

thanks in advance.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc3232

Dental Student
    They are gridded and the markers are as thick as they can get.

4. waitingame

Pre-Dental
    do you get an eraser? just wanted to make sure

5. hs2008

yes u do get one

6. bigstix808

bigstix808 Mac Daddy Member

Dentist
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dry erase grid paper is 1 x 1 cm size; standard letter sized

7. TheGreenWave

Dentist

Dentist
    Those erasers dont seem too thick, are those the exact ones you get on the test?? im picturing the FAT dry erase markers professors sometimes use...

8. Sea of ASH

in the dat they provide the ones with grids. i got that and i also went to staples and told them to laminate a blank sheet of paper to practice diagrams and stuff with so that less paper would be wasted (im somewhat of a tree-hugger lol), but the problem is that the ink stays on the sheet and doesnt earse that well. i gotta use that alcohol solution 6548915616984986 times a day lol

9. Aceofspades

Dental Student
    Yes, it is very hard to erase on those scratch gridline laminated sheets. I hold down one corner with my hand and erase with the other hand as hard as I can. I wonder if it will be better to use all three sheets (6 sides) and only erase when needed, or erase after every sheet (1 side) to prevent the marker from drying too much.

10. datmaniac183

How have been people's experiences with the marker odor? I just switched to practicing with it (the expo pen), and within 1-2 problems it starts making me woozy. Not cool when I'm taking an entrance exam darn it!!

11. Andrew324

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    ha, Yeah I could smell it and still can a little, my marker is getting dry though, and people say they are sometimes fairly dry when we get them...

You will probably get used to it, I might call my testing center and see what there policy is for markers, reuse or brand new or what, using this semi dry one is really really annoying and I hope I get some fresh ones for the test.

12. Orgodox

Dental Student
    I had the same problem. I tried to laminate a paper from staples and it wont erase. Anyone who has taken it: Is it hard to clean the board on the real dat or does it whipe right off?

13. datmaniac183

haha get used to the toxins!!! mmmm toxins

14. harrygt

Pre-Dental
    I did the same thing and it DOES erase easily. You are probably using the wrong marker, or maybe there is sth wrong with your laminating paper.

15. klutzy1987

klutzy1987 StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets

Dental Student
    It comes right off but it does leave streak marks alot.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. tdh278

Pre-Dental
    if the laminating doesnt work you can easily make a "dry erase" board by taking a page protector sleeve and sticking a sheet of cardstock or printing paper in it. the writing erases like a charm off it! :)