landmark studies/guidelines

Started by Aclamity
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aclamity

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if there's a list somewhere of the landmark studies and/or major guidelines (like JNC 7, ATP III, etc) that are good to know for 3rd year/life.

I'm at a place where the attendings LOVE the evidence-based stuff, and I always get pimped on it. Just once I'd like to be able to say "oh yeah! I did hear about that trial where they found out blah blah blah"

Problem is I never know about such papers until an attending brings it up. I have no clue how to go about finding these landmark papers on my own (aside from sifting through a million pubmed articles, which would still be futile because I'd have no idea what to look for or how to recognize a landmark study when I see it). How do you guys do it? Is there a list?
 
Just wondering if there's a list somewhere of the landmark studies and/or major guidelines (like JNC 7, ATP III, etc) that are good to know for 3rd year/life.

I'm at a place where the attendings LOVE the evidence-based stuff, and I always get pimped on it. Just once I'd like to be able to say "oh yeah! I did hear about that trial where they found out blah blah blah"

Problem is I never know about such papers until an attending brings it up. I have no clue how to go about finding these landmark papers on my own (aside from sifting through a million pubmed articles, which would still be futile because I'd have no idea what to look for or how to recognize a landmark study when I see it). How do you guys do it? Is there a list?

Hope this helps

https://sites.google.com/a/pcom.edu/pcommed/landmark-articles

www.guidelines.gov

Another thing would be to go to NEJM every couple of month & check their review articles. They usually have 1-2 articles talking about a particular disease from start to finish......PE, CKD stage IV, Transverse myelitis etc. This helps when you have to present something. I usually type up a summary of the article & email the article & the summary to my account (or use dropbox) since you will be reading the SAME articles multiple times during school & residency
 
Last edited: