Lap Choly Pimpin'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darjeeling

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today I had my first pimping experience during a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Went pretty well (if you haven't had the pleasure, the triangle of Calot- boundaries, what runs though it, why we look for it- is very popular, as is the anatomy of the ducts and arteries and the falciform ligament of the liver) but my attending asked me what ELSE drains the gallbladder besides the cystic duct. Told him I'd get back to him...
So, all I can find is the accessory bile duct from the liver, though in my mind this feeds more than it drains. Anything else? Any little anomalous ductettes (not a real word, don't use it) I am missing?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure the context of the question, but he may be alluding to the ducts of Luschka (drain liver into gallbladder bed)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure the context of the question, but he may be alluding to the ducts of Luschka (drain liver into gallbladder bed)

That is the answer he is looking for the accessory duck of Luschka only appears in a small % of cases but is one of those culprits we look for when someone comes back with a bile leak s/p lap chole.

Nice! Thanks all...

you could try being a smart alec and say a PTC drains the gall bladder. :D