Largest private pathology group in the country?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Exclude revenue cycle companies like Pathology Associates Inc or Ameripath, which are more aggregates of groups than individual groups themselves, what are the largest sole pathology private groups in the US??

1. Cellnetix, Seattle WA: 65 pathologists
2. Path group, Nashville TN: ??
3. ? I think there is a Wisonsin based "super group" of 40-50?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Incyte diagnostics has around 45 pathologists, I believe. They are based out of Spokane, WA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like it was Aurora until a few hours ago!

Exclude revenue cycle companies like Pathology Associates Inc or Ameripath, which are more aggregates of groups than individual groups themselves, what are the largest sole pathology private groups in the US??

thanks!
Do you mean the largest pathologist owned practice or largest group even if they are employed ?
Here is a link to a large group in Austin > 40, very well thought of in their area
https://clinpathassoc.com/

thanks!
SEPA-Southeastern Pathology out of BRUNSWICH,GA.-40 PATHOLOGISTS.Founded by PATRICK GODBEY,former professor of OB-GYN,then PATHOLOGY at MEDICAL COLLEGE OF GEORGIA and now president-elect of CAP

Wow there are more super groups than I thought, which means more massive aggregates of folks suffering in silence with social disorders than previously known...hehehe TGIF everyone drink a cocktail tonight for all the introverts in path who dont drink.

thanks!
Path Group is full of turds. Some barely squeaked through residency.

SEPA-Southeastern Pathology out of BRUNSWICH,GA.-40 PATHOLOGISTS.Founded by PATRICK GODBEY,former professor of OB-GYN,then PATHOLOGY at MEDICAL COLLEGE OF GEORGIA and now president-elect of CAP

Brunswick GA? WTH. You mean BrunSTANK? The papermill there is horrendous. Can't believe a pathology group that big came from that turdy town.

Every large path group has as its base a room full of loyal "turds". Pathologists are lone wolf or small pack animals. Thats why you dont see for example 10+ Bengal Tigers hunting together, because that crap is highly unnatural.

Reactions: 1 user
Brunswick GA? WTH. You mean BrunSTANK? The papermill there is horrendous. Can't believe a pathology group that big came from that turdy town.
That's where SIR GODBEY started his ever expanding empire.Brunswick ain't great but is next to SEA ISLAND,ST. SIMONS and JEKYLL ISLAND(which around 1900 was the winter gathering place of 1/6 of the world's wealth and in 1913 was where the infamous FEDERAL RESERVE was created---known as THE BEAST FROM JEKYLL ISLAND)

Reactions: 1 user

thanks!
Ameripath definitely not private practice. Quest takes a 50% cut.

Private practice means you and you colleague partners own the practice. You split up all profits equally. You decide on vacation and benefits.

Ameripath is like working for Pizza Hut while private practice is like owning your own pizza restaurant

Reactions: 1 users
Ameripath definitely not private practice. Quest takes a 50% cut.

Private practice means you and you colleague partners own the practice. You split up all profits equally. You decide on vacation and benefits.

Ameripath is like working for Pizza Hut while private practice is like owning your own pizza restaurant

I think that's why he said to exclude revenue cycle companies like Ameripath...

And private practice may be splitting up profits equally between partners. But, true private practice in it's most capitalistic form is owning your own laboratory i.e. the building, fleet of courier vehicles, lab equipment, etc., without depending on the hospital to renew your group's contract every 3-5 years.

Regular private practice may be like owning your own pizza restaurant, while owning a lab is like being the CEO of the pizza franchise...

Reactions: 1 users