LaSalle's interview process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych985

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently interviewed at LaSalle's PsyD program, and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into how they use the interview to make their final admission decisions? How many people are not offered admission based on the interview? If anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it :).

Members don't see this ad.

Also, if anyone has any info on whether the program offers admissions on a rolling basis??? The deadline for applications is supposedly February 15th, but people are already interviewing..... I have submitted my application but I feel like I'm behind for this school. Any info anyone has would be great!

Thanks!

Hi, I don't know much about how they base their acceptance, but I did interview there 2 years ago and can tell you a little about my experience then...

I was an undergraduate at the time and I interviewed the 4th and final session of interviews. I would say that there were roughly 25-30 people in attendance at this interview and I remember them saying that they often enroll about 15/16 students a year.

I received a snail mail letter explaining the reason I was not accepted into the program about 3 weeks after my interview (which was the 2nd week in march). And it was noted that they felt I was too young to be admitted into the program at the time in comparison to the cohort of other applicants (pretty much everyone in my interview group already had an M.A.). I instead went after my M.A. and now am applying to PhD's.

Because of the number of interview sessions (with a month gap between the 1st and 4th) when I interviewed I think its quite possible that they would admit on a rolling basis...possibly selecting a handful from each interview group.

I don't know if this helps at all, but best of luck!!

Oh also, knowing me I probably mailed out my application February 10th to meet the 15th deadline and I was notified of my interview date only about 2 weeks beforehand (I'm pretty sure it was March 9th interview)...so interview invites may have been rolling as well, I know a lot of schools evaluate applications in the order that they come in and are processed in the system.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at LaSalle this passed Monday. The faculty said that they offer interviews on a rolling basis. As far as I know, you're not too late! They don't make admissions decisions until all of the interview sessions are complete, sometime in March. Goodluck!

So, as it turns out, I was NOT too late for La Salle's program... I received an email earlier this afternoon inviting me out for an interview! :oops:)

congrats on the interviews! i applied to lasalle's psy.d 2 years ago, interviewed and got in, but ultimately decided to go for an MA at columbia's teachers college and re-try for a phd this year (i really don't want to pay for school, haha)

i had some tidbits for you guys interviewing - i remember it was the only place i interviewed that asked you to write essays while you were waiting (during the "down time"). and you had like a half hour or 45 mins. they weren't intense questions, and i don't know how much they weighed it in their decision, but it's something to be prepared for! and as far as what the questions were, don't bother asking because i completely forgot (must have blocked it out of my memory!). good luck to you all :)

congrats on the interviews! i applied to lasalle's psy.d 2 years ago, interviewed and got in, but ultimately decided to go for an MA at columbia's teachers college and re-try for a phd this year (i really don't want to pay for school, haha)

i had some tidbits for you guys interviewing - i remember it was the only place i interviewed that asked you to write essays while you were waiting (during the "down time"). and you had like a half hour or 45 mins. they weren't intense questions, and i don't know how much they weighed it in their decision, but it's something to be prepared for! and as far as what the questions were, don't bother asking because i completely forgot (must have blocked it out of my memory!). good luck to you all :)

Thanks for the heads up!! That would have completely caught me off guard! I thought we had written enough essays during this process!!!

I interviewed and was accepted there, really liked their program, but just could not afford to go there because they seemed to have nearly 0 financial aid. Others may have had different experiences, but during my interviews it seemed that they had already made their decision so it was more focused on providing information about the area and chatting about hobbies, etc.

Thanks for the heads up!! That would have completely caught me off guard! I thought we had written enough essays during this process!!!

Just so you know, I interviewed at LaSalle THIS YEAR and did NOT have to write an essay. Goodluck!

Just so you know, I interviewed at LaSalle THIS YEAR and did NOT have to write an essay. Goodluck!

Thank you for letting me know that they are no longer doing this (Yay!). I was not looking forward to having to draft an essay on the spot in the middle of an interview day!

I also interviewed there but am a little concerned about the APA internship match stats: 58%. Does anyone know why it is so low?
I like the program, but am unsure about it.

Hi guys-I am interviewing at La Salle March 2nd. I was just wondering where did you guys stay overnight?

If you call the school they will give you a list of hotels in the area. I stayed outside of the neighborhood and drove in from a place by the airport.