Lasix/Furosemide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesL1585

TheAntiSavior?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for the excipients in Lasix/Furosemide TABLETS for a few days and have been unsuccessful finding it... anyone know the reg. excipients of furosemide/Lasix TABLETS?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been looking for the excipients in Lasix/Furosemide TABLETS for a few days and have been unsuccessful finding it... anyone know the reg. excipients of furosemide/Lasix TABLETS?
clinical pharm probably has them

"a few days" ...your college/library doesn't have a copy of the USP?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember what it is called, but there's an excipient database out there somewhere. I think it's by pharmaceutical press. (PhP)

DESCRIPTION

LASIX® is a diuretic which is an anthranilic acid derivative. LASIX tablets for oral administration contain furosemide as the active ingredient and the following inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate NF, magnesium stearate NF, starch NF, talc USP, and colloidal silicon dioxide NF. Chemically, it is 4-chloro-N-furfuryl-5-sulfamoylanthranilic acid. LASIX is available as white tablets for oral administration in dosage strengths of 20, 40 and 80 mg. Furosemide is a white to off-white odorless crystalline powder. It is practically insoluble in water, sparingly soluble in alcohol, freely soluble in dilute alkali solutions and insoluble in dilute acids.

Try the PDR....it's just a compilation of package inserts, so it should have it.