Last 60 credits between 2 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krissybear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been taking pre-req courses while also attending grad school for nutrition (2nd year) and this is after completing my undergrad at the same uni... Do I calculate the last 60 credits between all 3? I don't mean to make it complicated but I just want to be clear.

For instance, since I have taken 27 credits in grad school between Fall 2013 and present (I likely won't complete this degree ATM because I would need to complete my thesis and 2 other classes while also applying to PT school - PT is priority), 10 credits at the community college (+9-12 credits in progress) between Summer 2014 and present, that would leave 14-12 credits remaining from my undergrad, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to ask if my math is correct, I'm just wondering if that is how the schools will look at it...
I've done the option to pay PTCAS to obtain my transcripts but it seems that the classes don't actually show up until 5 days upon submitting the application.

It probably depends on the individual programs that you are applying to, and how they calculate it. The year I applied, all the schools I looked at calculated last 60 units chronologically, the way you describe above (for me that also included 3 different schools).

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think it would be simply chronological, but you should call each of your schools of interest to be sure.

Reactions: 1 user
It probably depends on the individual programs that you are applying to, and how they calculate it. The year I applied, all the schools I looked at calculated last 60 units chronologically, the way you describe above (for me that also included 3 different schools).

I would think it would be simply chronological, but you should call each of your schools of interest to be sure.

Thank you both for your response.

I am also curious, will it help or hinder my chances of getting in since I have started my Masters, but will not actually complete the degree before applying to PT schools?

Double check with the schools. I know of a few that only count the last 60 "undergrad" courses.