txdoc2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2004
TX
Visit site
Status
Well, for all you recent graduates, we have a few days left until the "Big day" Just wondering how yall are using your "crunch time" and what you are studying. I've been studying my butt off since June 30 (haven't started work yet) and done hundreds of questions and big blue a few times. Trying to decide what to do the last few days until the test!

And how's everyone feeling about it? Even in March ITE, i didn't get a "passing" score, so I;ve been feeling a little stressed! I think I'm finally making progress after this month of studying!

Anyway, good luck to everyone next week!

periopdoc

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Status
Attending Physician
I am hitting Morgan Mikhail hard. I just want to cement the book basics and lore as the latter is what usually kills me on this type of test.

Mostly though, I am just very distracted by all of the summer clothes that seem to populate all of my preferred study areas. Mmmmmmm this is live art right here my friend.

- pod

cchoukal

15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I started fellowship and have had very little study time. i'm off from today to monday, so with this time I'm rocking Lange, Hall and Chantigian, and reviewing the tables, lists, and spreadsheets I've made over the years. I just moved to SF, and, for better or worse, there's no summer weather or clothing to distract me. Mark Twain was right about this place (coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in SF).

Aug 1, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
OK, so only a couple of days left - exam on Teusday - anyone ever hear of the Med Text anesthesia review books? Just got them (2006 and 2007) - seem reasonable and their explanations are concise and seem up-to-date. Just wonder how close they are to the real thing...?

Any thoughts, would appreciate it. And good luck to all of us!

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
Just wondering how yall are using your "crunch time" and what you are studying.
SDN, of course. :)

All I'm doing from here out is refreshing the short-term memory numbers. Things like umbilical cord gas numbers ... stuff that I mostly forgot 12 hours after the last ITE, and that I'll surely forget again by Monday night.

camkiss

15+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2002
suburbs
Status
Attending Physician
Good luck next week. I passed last year, and my last minute studying was the old ITE exams available on the ASA website. I would sit with M&M, baby Miller, and Big Miller at my side and any question I did not know I would look it up. There were SEVERAL straight from these tests. Some virtually word for word. Best yet, they are FREE! The best money I never paid.

sevoflurane

Ride
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Just going through hall, big blue nd m&m. This time tomorrow I will be sippn' on a cool Jamason and Coke:love:. I hope it's nice out. :cool:

Good luck to you all. I think the loss of the k type questions will make this test a lot easier. :D