last minute rank help...OSU vs. WSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5twilight5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats your input on OSU vs. WSU? In your opinion, which one is a better program? Unfortunately both have a 2 year accreditation and are in not so great cities, although I think Columbus might be better than Detroit!

Members don't see this ad.

comerica park is pretty nice... the rest of detroit sucks

I lived in Detroit for three years. It was bad, and that was before the recession. Columbus seems like it is nice midwestern city with some amenities.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually liked OSU when I interview there. I go to school in the Akron area and hear a lot about Columbus. The city is actually pretty nice and I liked the program when I went there as well. The department has had some problems in the past, but it seems like they're making good progress. They'll probably be somewhat low on my rank list, but that's only because I want to get to a warmer climate.

I have also heard stuff about Detroit. I don't know much about the program, but I've heard enough about the city that I didn't even apply there.

I would stay out of Detroit if I had any choice in the matter given how much crime they have especially since Detroit has been hit hard by the tough economic times.