Last minute VR advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rob Biomed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I take my MCAT in 3 days. I have worked hard, I feel well prepared, and have been scoring in the low-mid 30s on my practice tests. My BS and PS sections are relatively consistent and usually above 10, yet my VR practice tests and sections seem to fluctuate greatly.

I have tried using both the kaplan passage mapping technique, as well as a more laid back approach of reading the first 1-2 paragraphs intently and then quickly completing the passage, searching for main ideas, etc (ie, NOT making a passage map)

My VR practice scores do not give me a clear indication of which method works best for me, and I have yet to decide how I want to approach my VR section on Saturday.

Do any of you highly recommend for or against using the passage mapping technique? Or, more importantly, do any of you have tips on things that I should write down whilst reading, if not necessarily making a full map of each paragraph? I do highlight most dates and names, which really seems to help.

I feel like there must be certain things that are worth jotting down on scratch paper, but the passage mapping technique really kills my time.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be great!
Cheers

Members don't see this ad.